Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I got a package from Hong Kong today. The antenna was waaaaaaaay too long, but I'm impatent and lazy, so instead of cutting and resoldering I just jammed it all in there. I'm going to test for a bit and see if there is any improvement, and possibly adjust if needed.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They don't, I fixed that before finalizing, was just too lazy (see a pattern here?) to do another pic.At some point I'll probably rip it apart again and make it just long enough so the tail ends in the same spot with zero looping (unless any antenna geniuses here have any ideas....I know it's a science, and I hated sine waves and fourier transforms and gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah make it stop!)

·
Registered
171 Posts
Once You have it sussed out, could you create a printable template that we could use to exactly duplicate what you ended up doing.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[quote name='Wineaux;38213]Once You have it sussed out' date=' could you create a printable template that we could use to exactly duplicate what you ended up doing.[/QUOTE'] Not sure what you mean....like how long to cut it?

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
veeeeeery interesting. Did you actually change the wifi at all, or just add an antenna?How did it go?What part number, from where?

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just an added antenna. Got it from eBay, I posted a link somewhere in the guts thread. I think other people have them on the way too.It better work, I paid $2.49 for it

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just got my antennas in today as well. Going to try installing them shortly. Not sure if any thing will change though. I tried a bandwidth test and was getting 1.6mbs so I think page loading is still going to be limited to the system itself.Wish me luck,Bryan dPS - I thought I was only getting one antenna, but got both white/black antennas. The white one is shorter if anyone is wondering.

·
Registered
104 Posts
bryan_d : there are two white tabs that point into the gray framework. use a plastic putty knife or spanner to slide into the upper plastic to also release the double sided sticky tape. Yea, they were in love with that stuff apparently.

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
the top of the backplate will be where the most resistance is. CAREFULLY wedge one side then the other down. Remember, you only go about 1/8 inch, then you wedge up to break loose of the tape.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
What I found is that you need to get the upper right side loose first (if looking from the back) - once that's loose, you basically pry it off from there. It is very difficult to get off, even after the tape is detached. Every time I've done it, I was sure I broke the damn thing because you get that cracking sound that makes your hair stand on end.

·
Registered
171 Posts
A template, as in how long the wire should be, and where it should be placed for optimal performance.The b/g/n card is a MIMO card, and is designed to have 2 antenna's. Pandigital only attached one, so that should result in decreased range and performance. Especially at further distances.Read here for more info on MIMO: MIMO - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

·
Registered
11 Posts
Jeez Loueez... I cannot remove the darn top panel! I have the tape separated from the panel, and I even see the two tabs come out, but by that time the panel is so bowed that it just grips the edges. Do I pull "up" away from the USB port or lift away from the back?These antennas are just sitting here wasted
.Any vids by chance?Thanks,Bryan d

·
Registered
171 Posts
So, Roebeet... What differences, if any, have you seen in WiFi connectivity, signal strength, speeds, etc since you added on the second antenna?

1 - 20 of 61 Posts