Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,As an avid fan of Android Comic Viewer, I was somewhat surprised at the difficulty in which ACV was able to load certain image files (jpg's). It appeared that either the jpeg was too large for my Apad's memory, or ACV just didn't like to load some pictures.Now I know that ACV will open cbr and cbz files (these are just renamed rar and zip archives), however this is slower than extracting the files and opening the directories in ACV, and I wouldn't be surprised if it took more ram too.So, what's the answer to ACV effectively locking up on some images ? Resize them. Sure, you could just load an image editing program and batch resize them, however, how do you know what dimensions to resize the image ? Do you shrink everything by 30%, 50%, 75% ? I've tried this generic approach and it made some comics unreadable.So, I've developed a Windows based application that will take a directory of jpeg files and resize them based on their current size.All you need to do is 'Open' a directory and press 'Process', then wait. Each image will be resized to approx 800-1200 pixels wide and will keep their vertical aspect. The image resize is high quality and of the images I have tested on my Apad, I have had no issues reading them.Please feel free to provide comments and feedback, and if you find a bug, let me know.The program may require .Net V4, so if you get any issues, please upgrade. There are two sets of files, a Windows installer and stand alone zip file.Hhmm, I'm having issues with the Installer... I'll try to get it up on the Downloads section.RegardsSlade

·
Super Moderator
3,225 Posts
[quote name='Slade;32708]Hi All' date='As an avid fan of Android Comic Viewer, I was somewhat surprised at the difficulty in which ACV was able to load certain image files (jpg's). It appeared that either the jpeg was too large for my Apad's memory, or ACV just didn't like to load some pictures.Now I know that ACV will open cbr and cbz files (these are just renamed rar and zip archives), however this is slower than extracting the files and opening the directories in ACV, and I wouldn't be surprised if it took more ram too.So, what's the answer to ACV effectively locking up on some images ? Resize them. Sure, you could just load an image editing program and batch resize them, however, how do you know what dimensions to resize the image ? Do you shrink everything by 30%, 50%, 75% ? I've tried this generic approach and it made some comics unreadable.So, I've developed a Windows based application that will take a directory of jpeg files and resize them based on their current size.All you need to do is 'Open' a directory and press 'Process', then wait. Each image will be resized to approx 800-1200 pixels wide and will keep their vertical aspect. The image resize is high quality and of the images I have tested on my Apad, I have had no issues reading them.Please feel free to provide comments and feedback, and if you find a bug, let me know.The program may require .Net V4, so if you get any issues, please upgrade. There are two sets of files, a Windows installer and stand alone zip file.Hhmm, I'm having issues with the Installer... I'll try to get it up on the Downloads section.RegardsSlade[/QUOTE']Since years I use a program named PhotoElf under Windows for to Batch Resize etc. a bunch of Photos or images. The program I was using before that were HiiJaak which were more complicated and more slow. PhotoElf is fast. Even if I need to resize a whole HDD full with photos, it's just a matter of a few minutes. A few weeks ago I was converting and resizing more than 7000 photos with PhotoElf in just 2.5 minutes. But again this program is Windows Apps and also Payware.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts