Android Tablets Forum banner

Aurora and Elf Forums redundancy

4K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  gregor1 
#1 ·
Since the only difference between the elf and aurora is the screen, it makes sense to consolidate the forums. Especially forums for Firmware/ROMS and the like.

The specs are identical except that the Aurora has the IPS screen. With that being the only factor, ROMS can easily be made to support both and the other instructions (loading roms, loading clockwork mod, etc) are identical. Seems like we have alot of redundant posts..

Of the forums were consolidated then we could have SUB forums for ELF and Aurora, it makes MUCH more sense.

#3 ·
I agree. But some of the problem is due to hacks and firmware based upon older versions. So when searching, many older posts are now incorrect or have not been updated.

I hope a final ELF/Aurora version is released soon so hacks/modded fw can be made based upon something stable.

#5 ·
The Elf and Aurora are NOT the same and need to stay seperate.

The Aurora now has to split in two itself due to hardware changes. Build date before and after Mar 7, 2012 approx. are now on different firmware.

I do agree that we need a mod to take on the task of moving these forums into the proper subs etc.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.