Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hello all, Long time lurker, first post today. Has anyone heard of this ebook reader? It doesn't run off Android, but supposedly off Linux v2.6.24 Anyone has any experience with this?
Features and Specifications: •E-Book Reader •Wi-Fi Connectivity with Full Web Browsing Capability where available •Built-In Speaker for sharing •E-Book Conversion & Content •File Management Software •Content Provider Partner "ebooksmedia.com" with DRM/SDK9 license •Can also play MP3 Audio Files •Can play Video files •2GB Internal Memory - Stores up to 1400 Books •Standard SD Card Slot - allows memory Expansion or inserting audio and video files downloaded from your PC or Digital Camera •Rechargeable Li-ion Battery •Includes Leather Carrying Case •includes WordPad for Note Taking/ Text Editing •Read in Landscape or Portrait View •Zoom In/Out Function •Includes 150 pre-installed books •Screen: 7" diagonal 800 x 480 Pixels color TFT •Unit Dimensions: 8.9" x 5.1" x .5" / Weight: 10 ounces •Formats: ADE for DRM content plus TXT, PDF, HTML, CHM, RTF, EPUB, FB2, MOBI/PRC •Expansion capability using Optional choice of SD MMC SDHC card up to 8GB •Accepts Image Files: JPG, BMP, GIF, PNG •Sound File capabilities: MP3, WMA, FLAC, AAC •Video: WMV and MP4 •TTS (Text to Speech) supported •Rechargeable Li-Ion battery 2100mAh (up to 8 hours in e-reader mode) •QWERTY Keyboard •CPU: Ingenic 4755, Arm9 400 MHz •OS: Linux 2.6.24
Link:http://www.jr.com/augen/pe/AGN_EBA701/?JRSource=linkshare&SiteID=*7WaaTN6umc-Zu6XWOTZ72GadDrE/6NChAEDIT: Also found sold at Kmart.com for $89.99http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_...01&srccode=cii_10043468&cpncode=17-58372059-2

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have and the web browser doesn't load for me. lil bastage is great for video. I've been using an eken M001 for the longest time but even without a touchscreen I think these are great. I have the newest firmware but I want something....useful out of it.The system.upg file is the one that contains all of the actual apps for the ebook reader, and I've followed lieufendeus and Roger Calverts progression on the firmware modifications. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to unpack the system.upg file so I could take and make a custom firmware/OS that would finally have a decent browser?Any help is most appreciated

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.