Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Premium Member
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It appears that if you go to their site , the solution for you tube is toudou , which I dont think is the same thing and prob will result in a few returns. You sell a device in the US , you need you tube . Anyway lets see if we can crack this egg and get it working properly

· Registered
90 Posts
So, what exactly is the problem with youtube and augen? Mine works fine out of the box and i dont think its not toudou

· Premium Member
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm they have as a fix . let me check . thanks xbxhacker

· Premium Member
2,344 Posts
[quote name='viperboy;25912]If you're saying this because of the files [URL=http://augen.helpserve.com/]here[/URL] under Latest Downloads' date=' that is for the Genbook - not the Gentouch.[/QUOTE'] Agree with viperboy, issue and fix are for netbook version not touchpad. Youtube runs fine on the gentouch78

· Registered
85 Posts
YouTube.apk from the HTC EVO 4G works great on the Augen GenTouch78. You can download it from here.I downloaded it directly to my GT78 from the browser and installed it without a problem. you can tell the EVO youtube app is installed because you'll get an HQ button in the bottom right hand corner.

· Premium Member
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sorry guys on this one , my eyes failed me on this one. thanks to all for setting me straight . Still havent been able to find the tablet in my immediate area.

· Registered
567 Posts
tipstir;29288 said:
Youtube works great for me I don't have issues with that one posted Augen Gentouch 78 Tablet PC Review Part 4 - microSDHC Test
I'd hope not with these specs(from datasheet):VIDEO CODEC* Decompressor (Decoder) - up to 30fps @ Full-HD (1920x1080)* H.263: up to 40Mbps* MPEG 1/2* Up to Main Profile @ High Level* Max. bitrate : up to 40Mbps* MPEG4-ASP* Up to Advanced Simple Profile Including DivX3.x* Max. bitrate : up to 35Mbps* MPEG4-AVC(H.264)* Up to High Profile @ Level 5.1 3* Max. bitrate : up to 25Mbps* VC-1* Up to Advanced Profile @ Level 3.0* Max. bitrate : up to 30Mbps* RV* Real Video 10 ( Backward Compatible for RV8.9)* Max. bitrate : up to 30Mbps* JPEG: up to 12Mpixels* Compressor 4 (Encoder) - up to 30fps or 24fps @HD(1280x720)* H.263 : up to 30fps @ HD(1280x720p)* MPEG4-ASP : up to 30fps @ HD(1280x720p)* H.264 : up to 24fps @ HD(1280x720p)* JPEG : up to 12Mpixels

· Premium Member
2,344 Posts
Well the problem I have is the Augen Website says
You can even watch your favorite movies in HD (720p) on the GENTOUCH78.
But this is a 800x480 display. Is it really displaying 720p? If it had HDMI I could believe it could play 720p and diplay by the HDMI but with that missing it's misleading. Might as well say it shows 4k video.

· Registered
567 Posts
[quote name='mogrith;29314]Well the problem I have is the Augen Website says But this is a 800x480 display. Is it really displaying 720p? If it had HDMI I could believe it could play 720p and diplay by the HDMI but with that missing it's misleading. Might as well say it shows 4k video.[/QUOTE]No' date=' technically that requires a 1280x720p display. The SoC also has support for HDMI so had they added an HDMI port it could've done 1080p given the appropriate display device.[EDIT']Datasheet output support: (portion)* Supported Output Media* TFT-LCD Supported* HDMI Output Supported : up to 1920x1080p* LVDS Output Supported : up to 1280x720p* Composite TV-Out ( NTSC/PAL )[/EDIT]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.