Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kmart are showing a new Android tablet from Augen. According to Augen this tablet is running v2.1 and has full access to the Android Market. Retail is $149. Specs for the Gentouch78 are: * 800x480 color TFT touch screen * CPU: 800 Mhz * 256MB RAM * 2GB Flash * SDHC card slot (16GB supported) * Wi-Fi * Supports Ebook Formats: Text, PDF, E-PUB, HTML * Supports Media Formats: MP3, WMA, FLAC, AAC * Picture Viewer in JPEG, BMP * Video PlayerI'm trying to get my hands on one.

·
Premium Member
2,429 Posts
Called a couple of different stores not in stock yet but should be later this week.I'll post when they are in stock here in So.Cal.I will pick one up. (may return it). Want to see how it handles video.

·
Registered
194 Posts
okay first of all I'm the one that submitted this into Engadgethttp://www.engadget.com/2010/07/26/augens-150-android-tablet-hits-kmart-circular-coming-to-store/second of all here are official specs:http://www.augenus.com/indexhome.html/GENTOUCH.htmlThird of all:1.Batch 1 may/may not have a webcamera, but notice that the picture through my link does show one2. This should be in stores by the Friday.(if not then next week for sure)3. Will have complete access to Android Marketplace4. Will have an upgrade to android 2.2 later in the future.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Mike;23227 said:
Doesn't look like anything special. I wish something would come along and break the mould.
dunno about that statement... 800MHz CPU either means Cortex A8 or Telechips... etiher way should be better than the PDN in the CPU power department... good 'nough for me to wait and see some more again...Not to mention I'd rather have a 7" tablet than a 10"... and they can keep their 3G or stuff it where the sun don't shine...

·
Co-Founder
2,103 Posts
cutterjohn;23371 said:
dunno about that statement... 800MHz CPU either means Cortex A8 or Telechips... etiher way should be better than the PDN in the CPU power department... good 'nough for me to wait and see some more again...Not to mention I'd rather have a 7" tablet than a 10"... and they can keep their 3G or stuff it where the sun don't shine...
Whatever floats your boat man xD

·
Registered
576 Posts
[quote name='Mike;23394]Whatever floats your boat man xD[/QUOTE]The "cake is a lie" in Russian?!Anyways' date=' just prejudiced against 3G as it adds unnecessary cost for many and generally entail contracts that help no one other than the wireless carrier's profit margins... or at least that's the way that it works here... they're trying hard to get general landline ISPs in the same boat but that's not quite floating yet...[EDIT']I'm kind of surprised that machine translation did so well on that, or maybe not if that's how it got to be in Russian... (I let google auto-detect it...)[/EDIT]

·
Registered
196 Posts
I have checked all the kmaets around here. None available , giving out rain checks. Wanted to see if ts was better then my m001. No idea when arriving. Seems someone screwed up. Go figure it's kmart lol

·
Registered
71 Posts
Mike;23227 said:
Doesn't look like anything special. I wish something would come along and break the mould.
I think what's special is that it is said to run Android 2.1, and might have access to the market,that has been a big hump to get over when it comes to the cheap Chinese tablets.I wonder how long it will be before some enterprising soul figures out how to adapt that to the EKEN?Of course I have a horse in that race, since I own an M001. LOLI hope it's good, too bad there's not a single KMART in my city.

·
Registered
194 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.