Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you with an expiring version of Astro, the latest version (2.4.2) is available for download through the Archos sitehttp://wiki.archosfans.com/index.php?title=List_of_Applications_tested_to_workThis version fixes a bug in 2.4.0 that prevented viewing of local HTML files. This one seems to work great on the Eken 001. A new feature in the 2.4 series is the ability to link to windows shares over wifi. We need to install a separate program called "Astro SMB Module" which seems to be available only on the Android Market, which I cannot access. I can't find the module anywhere else. I'd love to give this a try if anyone can locate the module or download the APK file from market.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I agree w/Jayrod, ES is a better program. About the only feature that stands out in Astro is the handy app-backup tool, I use it to get apk's off the emulator after dl'g them from the market. It doesn't help with stuff that gets put in app-private though, still have to adb that off...ES was easier (IMHO...) to do the LAN setup on as well.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Yankeespitfire. Now all I have to do is figure out how to answer all of the questions about my network share!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts