Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
I am looking for proof that this company actually has unique products of any kind that they actually ODM. I don't have direct connections to Orphan or any companies that directly deal with them, so I am looking for info from real users. Other than the banned users who were spamming the thread I made about the Zenithink ZT180 lineup that Orphan has rebranded as their own, there appears to be several of these users still on Slatedroid. I know this thread will bring controversy, but I'm tired of the actions of this group and would prefer that they be purged completely from Slatedroid if at all possible, until they are actually a brand. Actual brands not aren't only brands by name, but typically go through CCC, FCC and CE certifications for their products. I would hesitate to call any shanzhai tablet manufacturers a 'brand'. Trying to make the community a better place, Despite repeated claims and from claimed 'users' trying to make a section for 'Orphan' tablets, Orphan does not seem like an ODM to me, and therefore is not deserving of their own section.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Reserved for information.Here are the three webpages in question. Related webpagesaPad.TV - Home of the aPad iRobot Tablet PC - The Alternative to the Apple iPadBuy Orphan iPed - Apad iRobot Android Tablet PC, Cell Phones WatchesFree Shipping! Buy iPed, iPad Cases, Buy Apad iRobot, Cell Phone Watches - HomeReverse URL lookupsReverse lookup for Apad tv Apad.tv - A Pad - Home of the aPad iRobot Tablet PC - The Alternative to the Apple iPad, aPad.TV - Home of the aPad iRobot Tablet PC - The Alternative to the Apple iPad
Registrant: Domains by Proxy, Inc. DomainsByProxy.com 15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353 Scottsdale, Arizona 85260 United States Domain Name: APAD.TV Created on: 07-May-10 Expires on: 07-May-11 Last Updated on: 07-May-10
Reverse Lookup for PricedinChina: Pricedinchina.com - Priced In China - Buy Orphan iPed - Apad iRobot Android Tablet PC, Cell Phones Watches
Registrant: Domains by Proxy, Inc. DomainsByProxy.com 15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353 Scottsdale, Arizona 85260 United States Domain Name: PRICEDINCHINA.COM Created on: 19-Apr-10 Expires on: 19-Apr-12 Last Updated on: 19-Apr-10
Reverse Lookup for Chinagrabber Chinagrabber.com - China Grabber - Free Shipping! Buy iPed, iPad Cases, Buy Apad iRobot, Cell Phone Watches - Home
Registrant: Domains by Proxy, Inc. DomainsByProxy.com 15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353 Scottsdale, Arizona 85260 United States Domain Name: CHINAGRABBER.COM Created on: 06-May-06 Expires on: 06-May-12 Last Updated on: 19-Apr-10

·
Registered
954 Posts
Reserved for product information.Here's some information on three Orphan branded Android tabletsRetrieved 11:30PM ET, Aug 5 2010Orphan M16 = Rebranded Zenithink ZT180Buy 10.2" Android Tablet PC - Orphan Win CE MID iPed Slate - iPed-M16 Buy 10.2" Android 2.1 iPed - Orphan Tablet PC Windows 6.0 aPad MID Slate iPed-M16Scribd MirrorActual product link: ZT--180 10Orphan aPad iRobot Apad-M00 = Generic Rockchip RK2808a, Various Factories in China and Most Definitely Not Developed by 'Orphan'China iRobot Android 1.5 Apad Tablet PC - 7.0" Touch Pocket Netbook - Apad-M001$233.99 Cheap China iRobot Apad M001 Tablet PC - WiFi GPS Pocket NetbookScribed MirrorFactory Alibaba link 1: ??????-??о΢ 7??ƽ?????? WIFI android-?????????ڰ????Ͱ?-????...Orphan iPed M800 MID / M70003 = Generic VIA VM8505 iPed, Not Sure Who Makes this or Developed this in China. Possibly Eken M003Buy iPed M800 MID - aPad Tablet PC - 7" Android Apad Mini Netbook - M800-iPedBuy iPed Apad! - M800 MID Android Tablet PC Netbook by OrphanScribed MirrorEken M003: EKEN(HK) Electronic Co.ltd

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good day. Have you been able to confirm who the manufacturer is for the aPad? From some of the research I've done fingers are pointing at Utopia Technology Co., Ltd (Shenzen). It appears that they are re-branding for Orphan Electronics (aPad), Moonse (E7001), Fujan Sanxi, and Encipher (the One). Check this link out.Chinese rebranding wonders all around the Android tablet scene - An example ? androidpads.comAny info on a conclusive answer to this question would be helpful.Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.