Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just want to know what to expect from my recent order. I remember reading that the metal backed ones had better sound,just dont remember where.Can anyone comment on the differences?Thanks!

·
Registered
954 Posts
They have different speakers, but some of they also have red LED 9v motherboards of bad quality. Hiapad has had a writeup on thisI'd get the plastic one because I am more certain where that's from. You have to contact your seller about which one is actually is if it was not listed as such.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I've got the metal backed v2 5V red led one and it's great (got the 16GB model). Never had the plastic one so cannot tell you the difference but it feels good to hold. The wireless range isn't so good but it works across my house from one end of upstairs to the other end of downstairs so OK. xaueious is right, the speakers are crap but then i've heard the plastic models speaker is too. Feels like a higher quality device than it probably is with this casing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have both, the plastic and metal ones (7" RK2808).MY OPINION (and my devices exactly, no knowledge how good pieces I got from the batches) is that:- Metal one is even quieter at full volume (I use some Maxell "speaker box" connected to the 3.5mm jack when watching movies) The speakers (holes) are on the side of the pad, not on the bottom as with the plastic one, don't have an opinion which is better.- Touchscreen is less sensitive in the metal one (you have to push it harder, more difficult to scroll for instance)- Metal one is about 10x more carefully finished on the OUTSIDE, the button beside the touchscreen is very nicely on level with the display, where as the plastic one the button bulges out somewhat (and it was not put straight)- Have not noticed too much difference on the Wifi-range, practically thinking one might expect the metal one to be worse.. but can't say much to that.- Metal one has two buttons on "top", where the plastic one has a rocker-type of button, I like the metal one in this.- Metal one is slightly bigger in dimensions and probably heavierOverall I would say that the metal one looks very much better on the OUTSIDE (higher quality), if the touchscreen would be as sensitive as in the plastic one I would say that the metal one is the winner.BUT as I said, these are the induviduals I got. The metal one was from E-bay (very good transaction overall) and the plastic one from some web-store (was not satisfied how things went with them, tracking, shipping etc.).- Olli

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for this,I wont know what voltage I got until I get this in,hopefully its the 5v...I think I would have rathered the plastic one as well,thought the metal would be an improvement,guess not.Your right,Xaueious,the quality on these things is allover the map,making this really hard to find a consistant good one.Hope the "next batch(v3)has higher quality....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I actually took delivery of a v.3 metal backed APAD,with a red led and a 9v charger.It has dual batteries,and weighs a ton,way to heavy to be a comfortable ebook reader.It does work ok so far on the stock firmware(except for a bug allowing the time and date not to maintain themselves when turned off).Rogerbraun is making a custom firmware for these versions of the APAD,just waiting for him to release it,patience,patience

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.