Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've done quite a bit of searching around the forum for some information on this but can't seem to find anything. I would like to move some of my apps to the external SD card, but I haven't figured out how to do so. I've used up about half of the internal PDN memory, and I thought I might as well move some stuff over to the external storage. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,420 Posts
With 2.0 the only way to do this was with an app called apps2sd. However, it needs a new kernel to have this work and we don't have that right now. 2.2 has that built in so if we can get 2.2 on here you will be able to do it.There is a thread where someone is trying to get this working through a hack but he has not been successful yet.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I think he'll probably be able to get it. The ramdisk mounts /data manually, so I wouldn't think it that hard to just point to a different place.But then again, I'm not doing the actual work, just standing on the sidelines talking about it being easy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the information. This is a really great forum. My experience with Android is with the Moto Droid 1 for just the past couple of months. I've been running 2.2 on that device for pretty much the whole time I've had it, so I'm unfamiliar with 2.0 limitations. I've enjoyed playing around with the PDN and look forward to additional functionality and capabilities. Cheers!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.