Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found an app that allow acces to a soft Home button called Soft Home. Its in the market.I seem to be missing some apps from the launcher after install, not sure if its related. Post if it does the same to you.It shows in the notifications bar, so the notification bar trick is necessary.

·
Registered
15 Posts
[quote name='stoic;26923]Found an app that allow acces to a soft Home button called Soft Home. Its in the market.I seem to be missing some apps from the launcher after install' date=' not sure if its related. Post if it does the same to you.It shows in the notifications bar, so the notification bar trick is necessary.[/QUOTE'] I didn't see anything disappear. It does work well to get back Home. The one thing it lacks is auto startup (unlike the TaskControl app, which has an option to startup on boot).With Soft Home and TaskControl, there is greatly reduced need for more buttons on the Novel. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion!Another one I found in a thread is Bar Control (Available on Market). This adds shortcuts to your notification bar (Remember, hold power button, hit cancel and the notification bar is back in action!) so you can easily go back to your selected home launcher, or to Wireless Settings, etc.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I tried installing softhome, bar control, and smart bar.Unfortunately none of them seem to appear when certain apps are running and you can't exit the app. It requires shutting down the Novel.Any way to get something to appear with the long press on the power button besides power off and cancel?

·
Registered
69 Posts
blazingwolf;27220 said:
Not sure what you mean by it doesn't appear. Bar control places an icon in the notification bar for you to use. Are you not seeing it because the apps are full screen?
Some apps take over the whole screen. For example, Rush Hour which will not gracefully exit by itself either.

·
Registered
113 Posts
How exactly do I get these shortcuts to work? I have icons for apps like Soft Home and Audio Manager on my taskbar, but can't figure out how to click on them. Pressing anywhere on the bar doesn't seem to do anything. I even added Bar Control and that didn't seem to make any difference.

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
[quote name='bodex;27619]How exactly do I get these shortcuts to work? I have icons for apps like Soft Home and Audio Manager on my taskbar' date=' but can't figure out how to click on them. Pressing anywhere on the bar doesn't seem to do anything. I even added Bar Control and that didn't seem to make any difference.[/QUOTE'] You have to enable notification shade. To do this start the power down procedure and then cancel it. The shade should now work.

·
Registered
361 Posts
blazingwolf;27654 said:
You have to enable notification shade. To do this start the power down procedure and then cancel it. The shade should now work.
Yeah, is there another app that will provide the notification bar functionality that launches at boot instead of doing the power off/cancel dance?

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
[quote name='bugeyed;28012]Yeah' date=' is there another app that will provide the notification bar functionality that launches at boot instead of doing the power off/cancel dance?[/QUOTE'] Haven't found anything yet but I sure would like to.

·
Registered
44 Posts
[quote name='rspray;27993]Only thing that is annoying to me is that when I add "Home" to bar control' date=' it brings me to the Google Exp home, even if I was using Padahome. So I guess it's back to using Google's home....[/QUOTE']I'm using ADW Launcher and when using bar control I choose ADW as the shortcut. Choose pandahome not 'home'.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.