Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Linky: App Store Update - Kayako SupportSuite Help Desk SoftwareWill test it out.EDIT #1: You need to allow "Unknown Sources" in the Application settings to allow this to function, FYI. Also, it won't install automagically, looks like you need to click the package in the Notfication Bar? At least I had this happen with my first app install.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[quote name='Dunavan;30873]Feeling like a newb' date=' how do I install it?[/QUOTE'] Nah, that's a very valid question. It's an .apk file so you could do it using the adb command (if you have the SDK on your PC) or I believe you could click on it in AndExplorer once you add it to a MicroSD card, and that might work as well. Again, you need to "Allow Unknown Sources" (Settings, and then Applications) to install it and install apps from it, afterwards.

·
Registered
246 Posts
[quote name='Dunavan;30873]Feeling like a newb' date=' how do I install it?[/QUOTE']Make sure in application settings, you have UNKNOWN SOURCES checked. Then go to the page directly on your Gentouch78. Click the file to download, then onces its download click on it under the Notification Bar to install it.CPG

·
Registered
246 Posts
Dunavan;30908 said:
Can't download it from the tablet FYI they put it in a zip format and the base tablet "does not support this file format"Augen fail. How to I mount the the SD card on this thing?
They must have changed it. Wasnt a zip file like an hour ago. Was just a *.apk file.UPDATE: just checked, its a file called AndApp.apkCPG

·
Banned
1,115 Posts
My IIS 7 has the file AndApp.apk but not able to do a file transfer to the G78 like I can do with media files which end up in ES explorer download folder. So let me see if I can do this from the XP Pro SP3 32-bit laptop see if I can again access both the internal storage and external microsdHC under XP and drop the file into that way then. Because I can't download from the G78 just won't push the file onto it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
[quote name='cpg716;30913]They must have changed it. Wasnt a zip file like an hour ago. Was just a *.apk file.UPDATE: just checked' date=' its a file called AndApp.apkCPG[/QUOTE'] hmm my Vista machine downloaded it as a .zip file, I can't seem to get the GT to download it from the link though. Still trying to get my SD card to show up so I can try and put it on there.

·
Banned
1,115 Posts
Download and installed now. I had to remove the microSDHC card out and add that to adapter card to the PC. Open the folders under downloading and pasted the file there. Everything works not the app was able to be installed on G78 after inserting the microSDHC card back into it. Looks like you have to join the appstore to use the software.

·
Banned
1,115 Posts
Best to install this by taking out the microSDHC card and put it into SDHC to microSDHC adapter into your PC.Goto the download folder and put this file into there.Next insert the microSDHC back into your G78Go into ES File Explorer folder click on the Appstore.apkClick on Install then open it has to update also so wait Then you can use the app.Might have to join the app store though?

·
Registered
160 Posts
[quote name='Dunavan;30929]hmm my Vista machine downloaded it as a .zip file' date=' I can't seem to get the GT to download it from the link though. Still trying to get my SD card to show up so I can try and put it on there.[/QUOTE'] The extension can be changed back to .apk and it should work.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.