Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I just found this site and am excited to learn. Thanks to JaymarkTech from Youtube for suggesting this site!OK, I got my iped from chinagrabber and it's a Orphan Model: M800. When I go to the app store listed on the device it is very limited and mostly in Chinese (my language was already set to English when I bought it). How to I get the proper Android Market installed on it? Also, am I able to update the firmware on it through this site (Is it compatible)?Thank you for your time in reading/responding to these requests.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, you have to go to the download section and download the 1.7.4 firmware to your PC, once you downloaded the file you have to unzip it with the 7ZIP program and save all the archives in your SD CARD. Finally insert your SD CARD to your Eken M001 and turn it on, wait for 1 minute aprox., after all this your eken will work much much better.

·
Co-Founder
2,103 Posts
Android Market is available through the use of custom firmware. Unfortunately I'm not sure if there are any custom ROMs that have been cooked for the Orphan, I'll just check.

·
Co-Founder
2,103 Posts
Right I'm still not sure whether there are any custom Orphan ROMs anywhere. You may have luck with firmware for another device, but make sure someone else has already done it and reported it works, because there is a high chance you will end up with a not-so-expensive Chinese paperweight.But basically, anything based on firmware update 1.7.4 (M001) will have Android Market already enabled.Hope this helps

·
Registered
247 Posts
Android market in Firmware v1.7.4 doesn't actually download anything. Apps queue up and say "Starting download", but the downloads never happen. I've been backing up the apps on my phone and emailing them to the Gmail address for my M001, then downloading the attachments (via the browser - the Gmail app only does photos) and then installing them on the M001. It works fine.....but I'd rather the Market just worked. I'm going to see if the "Market Enabler" app will fix it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.