Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,Does any one know if the apps for NPR & BBC would run on the PDN? And if so, would you be so kind to make it available sans market place? Extra bonus question: are there any PDN-friendly apps for listening to streaming radio -- not PANDORA, but say the local NPR stations? When I click on the stations' links I can down load a .pls or .mu3 file; on my desktop I could run these with realplayer, but it does not work with the android version of realplayer (not surprising I guess).MANY THANKS!

·
Registered
14 Posts
The i(heart)radio app - for mostly (if not all) clear channel owned radio stations works on the pdn.It hickups sometimes - but i'll bet that is because the pdn wireless network runs slow.I checked my pdns network info (iwconfig if anyone is interested), and on my wireless n network my pdn is only connecting at 26megThe old imac gets full g speeds, and a dell laptop with n (all within a 5ft radius of each other) gets 76 meg...Since we know the chip can do wireless bg or n (from the photos of the innards released earlier today) - they must have cobbled it, orworse yet, not properly configured it...

·
Registered
125 Posts
[quote name='hello-world;26837]Hi' date='Does any one know if the apps for NPR & BBC would run on the PDN? And if so, would you be so kind to make it available sans market place? Extra bonus question: are there any PDN-friendly apps for listening to streaming radio -- not PANDORA, but say the local NPR stations? When I click on the stations' links I can down load a .pls or .mu3 file; on my desktop I could run these with realplayer, but it does not work with the android version of realplayer (not surprising I guess).MANY THANKS![/QUOTE'] I downloaded NPR news from android market. It installed fine and played wonderfully. I'm listening to NPR news local station stream right now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.