Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've managed to get Lionheart's Wopad Custom Froyo ROM from http://www.slatedroid.com/index.php?topic=15882.0 to work on the Apad710 resistive screen pad. You can find the ROM here:

UPDATED: Version 3: http://www.mediafire.com/file/exts2q7wreyfzcs/apad710_froyo_v3.img

Version 3 based on Lionheart's Wopad v6. Market and sensors are now working! Many props and all credit go to Lionheart and everyone who helped him out. Market has a limited number of apps...

Version 2: //www.mediafire.com/file/9eqcer48s140m4v/apad710_froyo_v2.img

Version 2 based on Lionheart's Wopad v5c. Market and Auto-rotate not working, but basically stable.

This is based on Lionheart's v2 so the the rotation sensors and market don't work, but I've got the touchscreen working so now I will work on getting the market working. I don't have any ideas on how to get the sensors working (already tried the sensor file from eclair and it's a no-go).

Any suggestions are welcome. Also, does anyone have an unencrypted copy of the system image from the original froyo update.img that these ROMs are based on?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hi droidhound,

the original was posted by lionheart in this thread: http://www.slatedroid.com/index.php?topic=12683.msg129980#msg129980

Just change kernel.img and possibly the bootloader of the image with the files of your device.
Boot the device and connect to pc and push rkdump to the device.
Then use rkdump and get decrypted system.img

rkdump link:http://www.slatedroid.com/index.php?topic=16150.0 Thanks to fun_!

This post could also be helpful: http://www.slatedroid.com/index.php?topic=16196.msg133774#msg133774

bye

flushback666

·
Registered
278 Posts
Yep, but on the original ROM the market doesn't seem to work, so may be better try to work with the latest version of my ROM. See the last post by Lfd in that thread. That should have everything to get it to work on a resistive screen. Just use your own bootloader and kernel.img just to be sure.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My Froyo image already has my kernel and boot images from the stock Apad710 dump I posted a few weeks back. I was hoping someone already had a decrypted system.img to save me the trouble of flashing, dumping and reflashing :-[ . I really just wanted it to compare with what Lionheart has already changed in his most current version (v5 ?).

The browser is force-closing on me, so I was also curious to see if it's the stock browser, or a replacement.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, great work.
While there are no sensors, how can I manually set the screen to portrait orientation instead of landscape?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Excellent work droidhound. Thanks.

I've installed it, and it is indeed smooth and quick with excellent battery life and wifi, sensors, and screen all working well.

If you're compiling a buglist, I can offer these obsvervations, based ONLY on my experience.

The tf card shows as 0 capacity and 0 free in settings/SD card.
It's not possible to move apps to the tf card.
I can't mount my USB flash drive.
Bluetooth not working.

(edit) Just read all of Lionheart's thread, it seems that the tf card and usb are known bugs in the original ROM

Once again many thanks, and keep up the good work.

·
Registered
29 Posts
This is just a little thank you post and a small addition to the USB issue. It seems although the USB isn't accessible through Explorer, the content is still accessible through Multimedia. I have media on my USB and even though I'm unable to view it through explorer, I can still play it through the Audio Player. I'm currently testing all the old apps I had to see which ones malfunction.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Its work with this ROM also:

How to get full market (thanks to LeFeu)
1) Open the market, and sign in with your account.
2) After that accept the terms and you'll see an empty market. Close the market.
3) In the notification bar you'll see an update 'icon'. Wait for it to disappear.
4) Go to Settings --> Applications --> Manage Applications --> All
5) Scroll down to Market, open it and clear the cache
6) Go back, scroll up to Google Framework Services, and open it, delete the data
7) Now reboot and go to Market, you should now see a fully Market.
*) I've noticed that sometimes after the reboot it takes me a second try to get the full market (so steps 4 and further again)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am a newbie here, but does the boot .bin come with the image? Every time I try to flash my device it fails and says download rk28boot.bin has failed. This same device will only turn on in ADB mode if you understand what I mean. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My touchscreen is working after installing droidhounds new firmware but now stock browser doesn't work and no browser show in the adroid market to download does anyone know how to fix this?

'

·
Registered
29 Posts
Its work with this ROM also:

How to get full market (thanks to LeFeu)
1) Open the market, and sign in with your account.
2) After that accept the terms and you'll see an empty market. Close the market.
3) In the notification bar you'll see an update 'icon'. Wait for it to disappear.
4) Go to Settings --> Applications --> Manage Applications --> All
5) Scroll down to Market, open it and clear the cache
6) Go back, scroll up to Google Framework Services, and open it, delete the data
7) Now reboot and go to Market, you should now see a fully Market.
*) I've noticed that sometimes after the reboot it takes me a second try to get the full market (so steps 4 and further again)
That's how you fix your market it worked for me

·
Registered
4 Posts
Installed on my C-MID TR718D tablet:

-market issues fixed with rakdrak's guide
-some problems in SD removing (needs reboot to mount it again)
-usb drive can't be seen by file explorers (but seen by audio and video players)
-sometimes needs AC-power or usb cable to wake-up after lock-screen

1 - 20 of 167 Posts