Android Tablets Forum banner

Apad versus ZT-180... consensus ?

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  mingnon 
#1 ·
Hey-Just trying to shift the research torment onto the forum and give my head/eyes a break (grin)So, I'm deciding between the Apad Rockchip 8GB Aluminum 7" model (Android 1.5) and the new ePad ZT-180 2GB 10" (Android 2.1, yes, it will be Android).Besides the obvious 10" vs 7" and 256mb vs 128mb..... that's not too comparable really when you consider how each cpu etc... handles the memory and such (I mean 1.5 will use 128mb as well as 2.1 would use 256)I'm Wondering.... What are the Benefits/Weakness of picking one over the other as far as Performance, Wifi/Web Usability, Video Ability, Battery Life, Longevity (that is, that it would pass away too soon)?I see as many pluses to a 7" screen as I do a 10", and likewise weaknesses. Might never need more than Android 1.5, but maybe 2.1 simply makes the experience so much better?I do like the 10" has full size USB, which I can plug a micro usb reader into for 16gb more memory. As well as use the built in reader. But then the 7" has 8GB built in and a reader, so...It's for REGULAR Nightly Use in my case. For Web Research and email, and Chat, as well as Movie watching (especially of the power goes out... it is the eastcoast afterall.)Anywhoot... got a vouple days to wait til my pay comes, so thought i'd drop this to you all.Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

#2 ·
hmmm im in the same boat as you with this, just got tax return back more than enough to grab a ZT, will look on with earnest and see what others say. Have been using the 7inch for ereading and checking emails and it does a grand job of that. havent watched movies as still trying to work out how to convert dvd to watch on it.

#5 ·
none of these Telechip 7" units that have 1 Full Size USB, 1 mini and HDMI have the G-Sensor. The suppliers all told the stores yes, apparently, but when the sellers have actualy checked the units for me... none had a G-Sensor (no auto rotation, no game movement by moving the pad)ahhhhhhhit looked so perfect !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.