Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guysApart from the lack of a camera and a 2700mAH battery, are there any other differences between the V1 and V2 aPads ?I mainly need one for video playback and web browsing, so as long as the cheaper V1 can do all the things the V2 can, I'll be happy.lastly, does the aPad also have the ability to download large files ?

·
Registered
27 Posts
[quote author=xaueious link=topic=587.msg4883#msg4883 date=1275634206]From the looks of it they were probably sample batches from a test run. The manufacturer is not pledging any support for those units neither. [/quote]Yep confirmed with chips3c that the new firmware cannot be loaded on V1Also, the build is not guarranteed - Mine has a short of some kind that caused interference with the screen and quite frankly just cuts it off sometimes!Luckily for me I bought local (uk) and the seller is going to swap it out with his new batch arriving 11/6

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can't find any posts relating to the problems you guys have mentioned about the V1.If it has Rock-chips 2808, how bad can it be ?has it been confirmed that the V1 firmware can't be updated ?Lastly, with Android 2.1 just around the corner, what are the chances that the V1, could be updated ?

·
Registered
27 Posts
[quote author=hardz link=topic=587.msg4910#msg4910 date=1275642932]I can't find any posts relating to the problems you guys have mentioned about the V1.If it has Rock-chips 2808, how bad can it be ?has it been confirmed that the V1 firmware can't be updated ?Lastly, with Android 2.1 just around the corner, what are the chances that the V1, could be updated ?[/quote]Has it been confirmed no ... my information is from Chip3c himself (re the firmware) ... I was speaking to him re another issue (the shorting and the unit turning off / lines across screen)If it has Rock-chips 2808, how bad can it be ? ... no one is saying its bad to the contrary its BRILLIANT ... Lastly, with Android 2.1 just around the corner, what are the chances that the V1, could be updated ? Anyones guess .... and that goes for V2 as well ..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank for the reply.I've been looking at the firmware update thread for V2 and the change log appears to be mainly for converting the pad to mainly English.If V1 is not being supported by firmware updates, is there an option to change the on screen language to English, or will I be stuck with a Chinese only pad ?

·
Registered
27 Posts
[quote author=hardz link=topic=587.msg4928#msg4928 date=1275645337]Thank for the reply.I've been looking at the firmware update thread for V2 and the change log appears to be mainly for converting the pad to mainly English.If V1 is not being supported by firmware updates, is there an option to change the on screen language to English, or will I be stuck with a Chinese only pad ? [/quote]I have a V1 running initial firmware and my keyboard is english only (using android keyboard - press on a input sign till menu pops up choose android)-- its all fine dont worry! the only issue here is that you may not be able to upgrade in the future, but given we have so many cooks in here, that is probably not an issue either! The V1 does absolutely everything i want from it movies / music / read books comics pdfs .. just mine has a flaw (loose connection and keeps turning off!!!)

·
Registered
39 Posts
The bad thing is that all roms we have here in download section are ONLY for samsung flash memory while V1 has hynix. IF by accident someone tried to flash it he will have dead device and to pray finding samsung flash memory then to find someone able to solder new memory.... OR pray for someone to put the ORIGINAL ROM with hynix modules

·
Registered
101 Posts
Loonix;20917 said:
that site spams slatedroid for days.they have nothing to contribute but their link...
Yup, 2 usernames doing it already. I reported the posts but I guess the admins are in a different timezone. (or just busy with real life
)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts