Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi,I have bought an apad iRobot - Moonse E7001 from herWhen I got it I tried to turn it on (switch was on) but nothing came up. Then I thought maybe it's battery was discharged. Plugged the charger in, the red led came up, waited about 10 hours. I saw that the red led light was out. Shouldn't it be green now?Still I couldn't turn it on. The only sign of life is when I plug the charger in the red led blinks for a moment then goes off. The same happens when I press Power button (square) with the charger pluged in. Exchanged many emails with theirs stuff while they constantly assuring me they tested it before shipping. I found some threads where people have same problems and I sent links to them. Because of returning it back is the last possibility they asked me if I had a tech friend who could open it and take a look if something was wrong inside.He did but he did not find anything abnormal apart from quality of soldering was almost like it was done by hand. The battery voltage was 4,2 V. The funny thing is that on the battery was written 3,7V.So in the last email they say that it could be firmware problem and that they will send it to me by email. Then I have read some threads her on slatedroid about flashing. But nothing happens when I: switch the apad off then on, hold the menu button and then plug the USB in. PC (Windows XP) doesn't detect it.I have told them this and I asked them if there is another way to get into boot mode so windows can detect it. I am still waiting for an answer.What do you think? Any help?

·
Registered
79 Posts
How did you turn it on? To turn on you change the switch on the side/bottom from off to on then hold the button on the face of the aPad until the little tux icon appears top left (if holding it in landscape) you can then release the button. It'll take a while but will come up with the android logo then the home screen and will be locked. You then need to hit the left rocker button on the top to unlock. I didn't hold the button long enough the first couple of times I tried and had the same frustration as you (including wondering if it was charged or not). The charging you describe is correct, the red led is lit whilst charging and goes out when it is done (it's a single color led so cannot change to green). If you plug the charger in when it is already fully charged it will flash then go out so it all sounds normal.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the replay.Yes I did it that way. Switch from off to on. Hold main (square) button down for 2, 3, ..6 secs but nothing. Then hold it down for longer time. Nothing. If I at least could get to bootloader via PC then I would try to flash it. But nothing happens when I try Switch Off>Switch ON>Hold Menu-button down>Plug USB in unfortunatelly. In the meantime they sent me a link to firmware "Hi friend,Pls try it , thank you The link to download firmware is her"I have asked them for flashing procedure and awaiting an answer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have just got the awaited email from them. I will try it when I come home today.Hi friend,Sorry for my late reply , to be honest i am not professional at this part , bcs normally we sent it to our supplier , then they repair it for us . They told us we can flash the firmware without turn on the Apad. Can you just try the doc we sent you , then connect the USB to your computer , and set up those software , the apad or the computer may detect ? thank you for your help best regards

·
Registered
880 Posts
The download you got linked there is not the firmare itself but among other stuff for development it is the Firmware flash tool.But to see if your apad is recognized at all it should do...just follow the flash instructions you can find here in a sticky somewhere and be aware that there are at least 2 versions of the aPad in the wild.The first uses the USB port close to the audio jack, the other the one close to the SD-Card slot to flash firmware.so, when pluging in the USB cord into one of the ports you will only get a message in one of those and that will help you to decide if you need a 'Red' or a 'Blue' LED firmware... or a replacement... (i think you need a replacement)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Take it back to that guy (if you're not comfortable removing the screen yourself). There is a long circuit board with all the switches (mic power etc). The power switch is a small black switch you can push down when the screen is off. It will click still. Sometimes that circuit board can come off a little/i.e those screws are not holding it down properly. There are two silver metal things either side of were the power switch is (you can press them or another part of the board in that area), just put a little pressure on those silver things with one hand whilst pushing down the power button with the other hand (holding it down). See if it comes on then/starts the boot. Sometimes if that board can come loose it will not turn on. Give it a try as I've seen this happen before. Maybe this is not your problem but it's possible given shipper tested before they shipped and it was working, this can work up/come loose in transit. If this is your problem/you get results, indicate so here and then PM me and I'll give you a fix so it always works.

·
Registered
880 Posts
I think he meant the contact points of the switch so you can shortcirquit it.This looks like a butcher job soldering wise o_Ohere is a picture of a unit i got from Miss Wang:(i dismantled it because the touch did not work as i wanted and damaged it doing that)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.