Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Introducing the brand new Rockchip Apad with 8 inches. It is almost identical to the Apad E7001 except that it has an 8" inches screensize with an aspect ratio of 4:3 which make it the most similar device to the original iPad.Comparison with the 7" Apad:-

·
Registered
6 Posts
It's also the case that the default resolution for regular (not daily, DX, etc) eBook readers is 800 x 600. I ordered one of these to use essentially as a reader (before I found out that Rockchips weren't going to be supporting the CPU any more). It's stuck in customs at the moment, but if people are interested I'll post an ordinary user's first impressions when (if?) it eventually arrives. If anyone knows whether it's possible to port one of the 2808 custom firmwares to this device, with necessary fix for the different resolution, I'd be really pleased to find out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I should be getting it this week. Chronopost (EMS's partner in France) have been sitting on it at customs for the best part of a week because they don't like the paperwork that came with it, but they have only just decided to ask me for the invoice. It just remains now for them to compute their charges on twice its real value and send it down by fast bicycle. As soon as I get it I'll report back.In the meantime, it would be really, really helpful if someone could find me a stock firmware for it, so that I can experiment with it without fear of bricking it.Watch this space ...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Which the firmware can use with this machine? Anyone please let me know,Thanks.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Can It flash with 7 inch custom firmware? Anyone try this please inform us,Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
What i can said about this tablet... This tablet is like the M7001, Rockchip RK2808 CPU, Android 2.1, etc ... and 8" resistive touch-screen.As my supplier said : "this tablet as a Dual touch screen" ... this function works only with the pictures application ... if you think you can handle multitouch with Google Maps ... you can't ...I've made some comparisons with ZT-180 and the M7001 and i was very suprising about two things :- The autonomy : this tablet can work about 4-5 hours without any problems- The metallic aluminium back cover : it's really robust !About the rest, this tablet is really the same thing as the 7" apad, with a horrible firmware with an horrible iPad theme copy ... Many suppliers or resellers will sell you this tablet as a Android 2.1 tablet. DON'T BUY THIS IF YOU THINK YOU'LL HAVE THIS OS !!!!This tablet is a Android 1.5 tablet (because Rockchip RK2808 CPU support only this OS for the moment...)If i can give you a tip ... just wait about the Freescale 8" tablet with Android 2.2 ...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello,

After reading, I have and advise, don't flash it.

Could you extract it's firmware? (sorry but I'm not sure how to do it) Or could your vendor supply one link to its factory firmware?

I tested flashing a new one, and now, have problems: menu button doesn't work, so unusable (unless you install an app for unlocking throught screen) and screen only used as 7 inches, the other inch (at bottom) reflects the same content as the top inch

Thanks.

Pictures of mine opened
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pepejose/sets/72157626161301697/

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.