Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Multiupload link from hiapad: http://www.multiupload.com/OWOC14WGDVBATCH 2 ONLY. DO NOT FLASH IF BATCH 1. This is packed in update.img format. Use the tool WilMo uploaded or the one from here: http://hiapad.com/?p=801&lang=enEdit: I just got my device shipped yesterday, and didn't want to post it without testing it myself. I am a temp mod over there and am just sharing knowledge. I don't work for them or anything. Finally got a chance to try it for myself, using the update.img flash tool. But I see some of you already put a download link up. I don't know why I'm getting flamed for this, even by admins. ChangesCamera is not functional. Camera app is not even included. Microphone works and you can now record. I have not tried sound apps yet, but this is hugeFull screen issues are not fixed, but those would be framework issues. Includes support for USB 3G modules. Not sure which ones. Noteskernel.img is a lot larger nowadb root still worksscreen flickers with charger in (not sure if this was present in previous versions)fullscreen is still brokedOther NotesMy wifi was kind of wacked on this device, so I did a factory reset after reflashing and everything seems okay after that

·
Registered
160 Posts
Nice to see they are still working on it. Chinese fw or not, they are essentially the same. They should give us they source, though. Comparing the code from aPad, Archos and Ramos it seems none of them really knows what he's doing ;-). They all tried to fix the buggy SDK base (which has nice methods like "deleteViedo" and "CheckAndsetBrihtness"), but they all did it differently. So hey, china companies, if you are reading this, I am willing to make your software better for free!

·
Registered
15 Posts
[quote name='Willo;10073]im confused' date=' if its isnt uploaded too the site, and you dont have an apad, then how did you get this alleged firmware?[/QUOTE'] As far as i know, Chip3c is the manufacturer of the iRobot and xaueious is his partner, i think he is a representative in North America, so probably Chip3c told him about this new Firmware and he is just getting some opinions here before publish the final file. Am I wrong xaueious?

·
Registered
164 Posts
[quote name='raimilson;10084]As far as i know' date=' Chip3c is the manufacturer of the iRobot and xaueious is his partner, i think he is a representative in North America, so probably Chip3c told him about this new Firmware and he is just getting some opinions here before publish the final file. Am I wrong xaueious?[/QUOTE'] still confused, how can he be a partner without actually owning the device, that makes little sense too me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
xaueious;10020 said:
I don't have a device to flash to yet so I wont upload. I couldn't find more info for it at the moment.
no problem - PN me a link with the new firmware to download- i'll upgrade my apad and look whats different.... :)hope this fw will solve 3G connection problem...

·
Registered
24 Posts
[quote name='xaueious;10020]I have the file. It isn't uploaded on the site yet. Not sure what is fixed. Quickly checked md5 of the .img files' date=' everything is different, including boot.img. So this is a brand new ROM. This might have the new 3G support we have been waiting for.It's probably Chinese firmware. I don't have a device to flash to yet so I wont upload. I couldn't find more info for it at the moment.[/QUOTE']As with everything on the net...put up or shut up, dont claim to have something if you are not willing to prove it, simple as that.

·
Registered
21 Posts
[quote name='xaueious;10020]I have the file. It isn't uploaded on the site yet. Not sure what is fixed. Quickly checked md5 of the .img files' date=' everything is different, including boot.img. So this is a brand new ROM. This might have the new 3G support we have been waiting for.It's probably Chinese firmware. I don't have a device to flash to yet so I wont upload. I couldn't find more info for it at the moment.[/QUOTE'] I am also ok to try new untested FW.Just PM me to download and wait for my comments after I flash it.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Because I know Chinese? You can get the latest scoop too if you just go on the QQ groups Hiapad links to. Microphone reportedly works now. The firmware is Chinese though. I posted this in the dev forum because I don't expect everyone to flash this Chinese ROM. What is significant about this new ROM is the updated kernel image.Those of you who know Chinese can go get it on the BBS.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I can't read chinese either.But okay, here's a little trick if you use google Chrome as your web browser. If you go to foreign sites, it offers to translate the page for you. It's not perfect, but I would say it's enough to get the gist of what's being said.So with that explained, it looks like from the chinese BBS on hiapad.com (http://hiapad.com/bbs/forum.php?mod=forumdisplay&fid=39) [paste that link onto Google Chrome and have it translate to english]firmware 0611 is the chinese firmware and 0601 is the english firmware. However, it is still just running Android 1.5 (so no 1.6; and since rockchip isn't releasing drivers for 2.0/2.1 until July, definitely not froyo).I can't click on the link to read the entire thread and hopefully download the english firmware (something about error 10+), but hope that clarifies any hopes that this new firmware was an Android upgrade.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Okay let's clarify something here. Any English firmwares that come out exist because there are shipment requests for English versions of the product. Unless the distributor requests for the firmware, there's no way they are going to make an English version. They tend to the Chinese market.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.