Android Tablets Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made hybrid firmware that is mixed archos 7 and apad.I think it works much better than original firmware.http://rapidshare.com/files/395567228/Hellomerong-Apad-Hybrid-v0.1.zipIt has the feature like below. - Use archos firmware as much as possible. - Rooted and adb, debug on - All Google stuffs of apad are working. (market, calendar, talks, maps...) - Camera works. - G-sensor works, but malfunction. (It was malfunctioned on original apad also) - Some applications that didn't work on original firmware work well. (ACV, robo defense...)Included application - Google stuffs of apad - Advanced Task Killer Free - Superuser - Acomic viewer - AppLib (archos market app) - Deezer - eBuddy - ColorNote - ES File Explorer - iReader - Aldiko reader - MarketEnabler - SlideMe - Youtube Remained problems- can't use fullscreen(title bar display always exept preinstalled video player)- display on/off button works as display off only, you should use menu or home button as display on button. Sometime(after long sleep), you should press menu button repeatedly.- I didn't test external usb mass storage because it didn't work on my apad with original firmware.- You should recalibrate touch pad after every reboot. (exit from sleep mode is ok)After updating firmware, USB cable should be removed to calibrate touchpad, and change language.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Nice :)I guess usb mass storage won't work, though... At least it did not when I tried to base on the Archos fw. I will flash and try it out! BTW, how do you actually root a fw?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[quote author=xaueious link=topic=653.msg5305#msg5305 date=1275747752]Great work :)Wish I had a device to play with right now so I could work with you on these issues. [/quote]I wish you have apad right now too :DI've failed to modify boot.img. I think it use cramfs filesystem. When I repacked boot.img after modifying. It didn't works on apad.Do you know how I can repack boot.img?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[quote author=rogerbraun link=topic=653.msg5315#msg5315 date=1275749398]Nice :)I guess usb mass storage won't work, though... At least it did not when I tried to base on the Archos fw. I will flash and try it out! BTW, how do you actually root a fw?[/quote]for rooting the firmware, we should use original apad's boot.img.archos's boot.img is secure on, adb and debug off.If you use apad's boot.img, you can change owner and permission like below before packing system.img.chown root:root suchmod 4755 su

·
Registered
160 Posts
Ah, I see, thanks!I did some testing:* Portrait mode is upside down* Linpack: around 2.5* usb mass storage works, but stops working if you change settingsTo elaborate on the usb mass storage problem: When I put in my usb stick, it was recognized and worked as expected. I went into settings and saw that usb host mode was set to "off" (of course, it really was on). I turned it on in the settings, but then it would not work anymore. I set it to "off" again in the settings menu, but it would not work. I rebooted and everything works again. TL;DR: Don't play with usb host settings if you want to use mass storage ;-)The only thing keeping these roms from being pretty much perfect is the upside-down portrait mode.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[quote author=rogerbraun link=topic=653.msg5390#msg5390 date=1275762534]Ah, I see, thanks!I did some testing:* Portrait mode is upside down* Linpack: around 2.5* usb mass storage works, but stops working if you change settingsTo elaborate on the usb mass storage problem: When I put in my usb stick, it was recognized and worked as expected. I went into settings and saw that usb host mode was set to "off" (of course, it really was on). I turned it on in the settings, but then it would not work anymore. I set it to "off" again in the settings menu, but it would not work. I rebooted and everything works again. TL;DR: Don't play with usb host settings if you want to use mass storage ;-)The only thing keeping these roms from being pretty much perfect is the upside-down portrait mode.[/quote]I think Upside down problem is because of gsensor malfuncthion. I recommand "orientation" off in setting.Manual changing in app is ok. I want to modify gsensor axis,but I couldn't find proper way yet.If someone know how it can be fixed, please inform me.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I figured out how to fix the orientation problem. You had to change some code in /system/framework/android.policy.jar. You can just take the android.policy.jar that is in my hybrid test-3, it should also work on your rom.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[quote author=rogerbraun link=topic=653.msg5459#msg5459 date=1275781060]I figured out how to fix the orientation problem. You had to change some code in /system/framework/android.policy.jar. You can just take the android.policy.jar that is in my hybrid test-3, it should also work on your rom.[/quote]Great!I'll try it as you said. Thanks~

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi HellomerongMay i ask what's the differences between this hybrid fw v0.1 and your other fw v0.2Im going to receive the apad version 2 with camera so can you advise which fw is the best for me to upgrade?thanks a lots

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
[quote author=meanhh link=topic=653.msg5477#msg5477 date=1275789298]Hi HellomerongMay i ask what's the differences between this hybrid fw v0.1 and your other fw v0.2Im going to receive the apad version 2 with camera so can you advise which fw is the best for me to upgrade?thanks a lots[/quote]Sorry for any connfusionn. my custom fw v0.2 is based on original apad firmware.And hybrid fw v0.1 is mixed firmware with archos and apad, I think hybrid firmware is much better and newer.But It has some problem(up-side down, ...), I'll fix it as soon as possible. You can download rogerbraun's custom firmware alsohttp://slatedroid.com/index.php?topic=574.0

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.