Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,Im newbie, start using android todayIm very sorry if i might repeat questiondoes the firmware 5030 has rooted already, if its not, how can i root the apadi saw an other thread: " apad firmware 5030 updated" someone has posted his custom rom based on firmware 5030 and has rooted with update.img filecan any one give me a link how to upgrade the apad with update.img file, i download the upgrade userguide but i can't find any thing regarding img filefurther question is: is the battery of apad same type of laptop battery,i usually take off the battery when i plug in the power cord,cauz the battery built in in the apad,if we recharge and using at the same time it could ruin the battery life, is that right?Thanks very much you guys

·
Registered
164 Posts
[quote author=meanhh link=topic=503.msg4238#msg4238 date=1275474728]Hi,Im newbie, start using android todayIm very sorry if i might repeat questiondoes the firmware 5030 has rooted already, if its not, how can i root the apadi saw an other thread: " apad firmware 5030 updated" someone has posted his custom rom based on firmware 5030 and has rooted with update.img filecan any one give me a link how to upgrade the apad with update.img file, i download the upgrade userguide but i can't find any thing regarding img fileThanks very much you guys[/quote]1.download the custom firmware. extract custom firmware2. power off Apad, by switching the toggle switch too off, then put it back too the on position.3. while the device is still off, hold down the menu key and plug the device into your computer via the Lower usb port (if your holding it landscape)4. keep a hold on the menu button, it should ask you for drivers (how it does this is dependant on OS) Navigate it too the rk28usb-new folder in the update you downloaded erlier, either on will do. this should install the device, once its done you can release the menu key.5. run RKandroidDM.exe in the RKAndroidTool folder of the custom ROM. it should say Device found! if it does not, unplug device, switch it off then back on via the Toggle switch, then replug in the usb cable while holding Menu key, it should then pick it ip (you can let go of the menu key once its recognised.)6 click on the box next too the "New firmware Information" box and browse too the Update image you want too flash.7. click update, and watch him go.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thankyou very much for your kindly help, its very clearly and easily to follow
:DUhm... but i got an other question as i asked above regarding to the battery, is it safe if we can recharge and use the apad at the same time? or we have to unplug the power cord when we use it to avoid ruinning battery's life ???

·
Registered
164 Posts
[quote author=meanhh link=topic=503.msg4264#msg4264 date=1275479935]Thankyou very much for your kindly help, its very clearly and easily to follow
:DUhm... but i got an other question as i asked above regarding to the battery, is it safe if we can recharge and use the apad at the same time? or we have to unplug the power cord when we use it to avoid ruinning battery's life ???[/quote]glad i could helpiv never had issues with charging it and using it at the same time, i cant comment on long term, but iv been using it for a good week now and no direct issues

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thank you from me as well Willo. I have another question for you if you don't mind at the end of this [email protected] not sure about charging while using the device question, but I can tell you that removing the battery on this devise is not as easy as removing a laptop battery. It is built in like and Ipod, so you would have to take it apart, and I have not read any threads that say it has been done and/or instructions on how to do it. (but then again I haven't read every thread, the ones I have read keep growing so fast, can hardly keep up with them.)@WilloCan you give a more detailed direction on how to back up the apps before I update,On the 'Apad Firmware 0530 Update' thread one person posted./adb pull /system/app/appname.apk /home/yourhomefolder/appsthen another said:adb pull /system/appbut did not tell us what to do with this information.Thanks again

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im not planning to remove the battery but i think every one already how to use a laptop as we have to remove the battery when we use power adaptor cause the laptop always run on battery's power and the power adaptor keep charging it could destroy the battery in a short timeIm worried about it cause i saw alots of people claim apad battery run out so quick,even just 30 mins when it supposed to be 2 hours with wifi onI hope the apad is different,same type as mobile phone which we can recharge and use at same timeIm still waiting my apad arriving,can't wait to hold it on my handi aslo read a thread in this forum about someone claim he bought the apad moonse only for $129, i was wondering where can he get that much cheap price,i get a cheapest price from ebay, it cost me $185Is that true if we can get it under $140

·
Registered
56 Posts
If you haven't notice, a good portion of the users in this board are from UK. Some are from Australia.They don't use US currency.

·
Registered
18 Posts
[quote author=Willo link=topic=503.msg4244#msg4244 date=1275475790][quote author=meanhh link=topic=503.msg4238#msg4238 date=1275474728]Hi,Im newbie, start using android todayIm very sorry if i might repeat questiondoes the firmware 5030 has rooted already, if its not, how can i root the apadi saw an other thread: " apad firmware 5030 updated" someone has posted his custom rom based on firmware 5030 and has rooted with update.img filecan any one give me a link how to upgrade the apad with update.img file, i download the upgrade userguide but i can't find any thing regarding img fileThanks very much you guys[/quote]1.download the custom firmware. extract custom firmware2. power off Apad, by switching the toggle switch too off, then put it back too the on position.3. while the device is still off, hold down the menu key and plug the device into your computer via the Lower usb port (if your holding it landscape)4. keep a hold on the menu button, it should ask you for drivers (how it does this is dependant on OS) Navigate it too the rk28usb-new folder in the update you downloaded erlier, either on will do. this should install the device, once its done you can release the menu key.5. run RKandroidDM.exe in the RKAndroidTool folder of the custom ROM. it should say Device found! if it does not, unplug device, switch it off then back on via the Toggle switch, then replug in the usb cable while holding Menu key, it should then pick it ip (you can let go of the menu key once its recognised.)6 click on the box next too the "New firmware Information" box and browse too the Update image you want too flash.7. click update, and watch him go.[/quote]This was very simple and easy to understand. Thank you!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry i just repeated my question im still confusedAs we have 2 firmware for apad in this forum, one from a member which he claimed it has rootedone is the offical firmware 5030: does the 5030 has rooted already so after we reformat the firmware we has rootedIf it doesn't, can any one give me an instruction how to root it,it would be the best if it is written for dummiesFurther,in order to install the paid apps, what's is the best site we can get paid app? we also have to format the sd card fat 32 right?then how can we create the folder such apps folder or we just insert the card into apad and use apad to format the card so that we will have folder such as app,game,music,video...and install app directly from it.thanks guys

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone, been checking out all the droid sites and I have a Apad, I started this about half hour ago, but how long does the firmware upgrade take? I've upgraded other devices, but none have been this long. Has anyone had issues where it just keeps going?

·
Registered
324 Posts
[quote author=meanhh link=topic=503.msg4536#msg4536 date=1275535481]Further,in order to install the paid apps, what's is the best site we can get paid app?[/quote]I hope you are not asking for a warez site? There is no other way of obtaining paid apps for Android other than the Android Market and similar services like SlideME and the Archos AppsLib.
we also have to format the sd card fat 32 right?then how can we create the folder such apps folder or we just insert the card into apad and use apad to format the card so that we will have folder such as app,game,music,video...and install app directly from it.
I think you mean APPS2SD? APPS2SD requires your SD card to be paritioned properly - and for that you can not use FAT32, you will need to use the Linux FS ext2 or ext3. You also need "root" privileges to use APPS2SD - so unless we have installed Hellomerong's custom firmware we are SOL in regards to APPS2SD.More Info on APPS2SD.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
[quote author=gevrik link=topic=503.msg4978#msg4978 date=1275656026][quote author=meanhh link=topic=503.msg4536#msg4536 date=1275535481]Further,in order to install the paid apps, what's is the best site we can get paid app?[/quote]I hope you are not asking for a warez site? There is no other way of obtaining paid apps for Android other than the Android Market and similar services like SlideME and the Archos AppsLib.
we also have to format the sd card fat 32 right?then how can we create the folder such apps folder or we just insert the card into apad and use apad to format the card so that we will have folder such as app,game,music,video...and install app directly from it.
I think you mean APPS2SD? APPS2SD requires your SD card to be paritioned properly - and for that you can not use FAT32, you will need to use the Linux FS ext2 or ext3. You also need "root" privileges to use APPS2SD - so unless we have installed Hellomerong's custom firmware we are SOL in regards to APPS2SD.More Info on APPS2SD.[/quote]Hi,Thanks for your kindly helpAs you said so,we can't get paid app for free( just like iphone after jailbreak),we must buy it and install through android market.....then what the point of people rooting their devices to get root access and put apps into sdcard to install it?Im confused because i saw a site androidlib.com other other androidsite they have many members post the download link for paid apps, and they said the only way we can install paid apps for free is has a root access to install directly from sdcard, is that right?I wouldn't mind paying for the app,the developer must earn what they hardly working for but i want to know and understand how it works,it seem to be interested as im new android usersI read the site you post and have a bit understand that we need to divide the sd card into 2 partion, the partion for apps can't over 1.5, it would be best between 500MB-900MB, im a bit disappointed as we have 1000000 android apps and i plan to use my 16gb sdcard for appsCan you pls tell me how to root apad if we have official fw(not hellomerong fw)thanks

·
Registered
324 Posts
[quote author=meanhh link=topic=503.msg4993#msg4993 date=1275658320]As you said so,we can't get paid app for free( just like iphone after jailbreak),we must buy it and install through android market.....then what the point of people rooting their devices to get root access and put apps into sdcard to install it?[/quote]The point of putting apps onto the SD is that you have more space for apps. Currently all apps are installed into the 128MB of main RAM, so if you use a 1.5GB partition you have 10x more space for apps on your device. And root is only needed because APPS2SD needs root privileges to work.
Im confused because i saw a site androidlib.com other other androidsite they have many members post the download link for paid apps, and they said the only way we can install paid apps for free is has a root access to install directly from sdcard, is that right?
I'm not answering questions about getting paid apps for free because I'm a developer myself.
I wouldn't mind paying for the app,the developer must earn what they hardly working for but i want to know and understand how it works,it seem to be interested as im new android users
The Android Market filters out protected and paid apps for some territories and un-supported Android versions (like custom-made ROMs for devices like the aPad). But there are some other sites that offer legit apps:http://slideme.org/http://appslib.com/applications/index.html (no paid apps just yet, but coming soon - this site is run by ARCHOS)
I read the site you post and have a bit understand that we need to divide the sd card into 2 partion, the partion for apps can't over 1.5, it would be best between 500MB-900MB, im a bit disappointed as we have 1000000 android apps and i plan to use my 16gb sdcard for apps
There are 65,000 apps on the Android Market. You will prolly only ever need up to 50 of those. It's like saying a 2 Terrabyte HD for your PC is not enough because there are a million pieces of software out there. 1.5 for apps will be more than enough, seeing as most apps are below 1MB in size, you can install approx. 1,500 apps on that partition.
Can you pls tell me how to root apad if we have official fw(not hellomerong fw)
The official firmware can not be rooted - you have to cook up your own ROM if you do not trust the firmware's of other users.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Can you pls tell me how to root apad if we have official fw(not hellomerong fw)
The official firmware can not be rooted - you have to cook up your own ROM if you do not trust the firmware's of other users.[/quote]thanks for the answer,very simple and easy understandingSo whats the difference between the original firmware on apad and firmware 5030, if 5030 doesn't has rooted then what benefit it bring to us by reformat the apad and upgrade this 5030 fw? ( such as hellomorong has rooted benefit)

·
Registered
324 Posts
[quote author=meanhh link=topic=503.msg5023#msg5023 date=1275663255]So whats the difference between the original firmware on apad and firmware 5030, if 5030 doesn't has rooted then what benefit it bring to us by reformat the apad and upgrade this 5030 fw? ( such as hellomorong has rooted benefit)[/quote]Check here, it's a mini update for the western market.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
[quote author=gevrik link=topic=503.msg5083#msg5083 date=1275674468][quote author=meanhh link=topic=503.msg5023#msg5023 date=1275663255]So whats the difference between the original firmware on apad and firmware 5030, if 5030 doesn't has rooted then what benefit it bring to us by reformat the apad and upgrade this 5030 fw? ( such as hellomorong has rooted benefit)[/quote]Check here, it's a mini update for the western market.[/quote]Thanks very muchah one question about the sd card, if i don't divide the card into 2 partitions, i just use the android to format the card and put the apps in there then i install the appinstaller from market and use it to install app from card, can i still install it? if so,will it be limit at 128mb? sorry im very confused itregarding to the upgrade and back up, every time when we upgrade a new or custom fw all the apps will be delete,is that right? if so, can you pls tell me how to back up all apps on apad and sdcard as wellsorry to bother you but you seem to be a very nice helper and an expert in this forum

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I tried to update my apad with update.img and it succeeded. However, only portion of my screen has been used. It seems I used the 7" update.img. Do you know where I can get the most recent 10" update.img. Thanks very much.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts