Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, I haven't gotten my APAD yet but was wondering about the development status of the device.is ADB working on the device?Whats the latest rom and who is working on it?What the situation with the cramfs and R/W on the device? Does the Apad need R/W access to install applications (like busybox?)Is the custom rom made from the Android kernel source code, or is it made from modified pre-built rom?Is the source code available for the ROM?What problems are people working on right now, and how can I help?Has anyone tried to download the Andorid source code and flash their APAD? If so, which version? I get my Apad/rockchip version in about two weeks. I'm pretty good at embedded linux, but have no Android experience, let me know if there is anything I can do to help.Thanks!!!

·
Registered
954 Posts
i don't have mine yet either, but from what I readadb worksroms are not built from source, they are a mashup of the archos 7 home tablet and the current released firmware. modifications have been done with apktool for anything that requires it like the rotation and full screen issues. issues include the microphone being completely useless, and the camera being useless for most apps. no source code is available for the device, nor are we expecting the manufacturer to release anything anytime soon. kernel source most likely has to come from archos, who make the a7ht. then we can adapt drivers maybe. it comes with cupcake running on an older kernel (2.6.25) than cupcake is supposed to have. seems to be common amongst rk2808 deviecscramfs system and boot, so no direct modification to those partitions except before they are flashedboot.img needs to be cracked because there's a crc preventing us from modifying it. so we can't modify the ramdisk. data partition does not have a lot of space partitioned to be available, but I think we need to get at the boot.img to manage some of that. system does not need crc, so it is easy to modify. sdk is available for flashing individual roms to the devicedevice is compatible with rk2808 roms, so archos 7 home tablet and ramos w7 bits can be used

·
Registered
33 Posts
Got a reply to contact them using the support contact form which needs a valid serial number.I then tell them that I don't have it and that they have to give the sources like they do for their others products and got no response.Maybe some of you can try again. Maybe I'll send a letter later.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts