Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone please tell me what the battery life is on the apad? I can't seem to find any information on this.If possible:With WIFI onWithout WIFI onThanks!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I got my apad last thursday and tested battery. Apad could play almost 4~5 hour video playback w/o wifi. It depens on backlight brightness.and it could play robo depense 5hour or more with wifi (but this game not use any network)

·
Registered
324 Posts
I was wondering how long the battery lasts on it?
That really depends on how you use it. WIFI will drain the battery quickly, so that you might have 2 to 5 hours of non-stop web-browsing on the device (depending on how you set the screen brightness).As an eBook reader you will easily get 5 to 10 hours of reading time out of the device (depending on brightness settings and with WIFI off).I just re-watched the Lost finale on the device in 480p (WIFI off) and after 2h of video it still has around 40% battery left, so I assume video playback is like 3 to 5 hours too.Stand-by mode does not take much battery at all, so I guess it has at least 48h or 72h of standby, if not more.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I tested video playback also. I watched divx 2h 30min with full backlight, wifi off. Then backlight was blinked rapidly, so I changed backlight level to 98%. I watched video 1h more. I agree to gevrik. Apad can play 3 to 5hour depend on backlight brightness.

·
Registered
93 Posts
[quote author=gevrik link=topic=455.msg4070#msg4070 date=1275431483]Yes, with WIFI off instead of on.[/quote]can you drop it further than 80%?

·
Registered
324 Posts
You can set them from 0% to 100% in the Android settings, in 10% steps.The Video Player App also has a button on the UI that changes the brightness in steps of 25%.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I kinda wish an alien would crash land with revolutionary battery technology: all the hesitation I have with all of these products stems from the lack of battery life

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
I know that we were promised 5 hours. And I know that some of us are getting less. But I've not been doing too badly. Really 3-4 hours regular use. Anyway, I use the BatteryDiff widget to give me an idea of how my battery life is going. Give it a try. Hey, and post your findings! How many hours do you get? I found it here: http://www.appbrain.com/app/com.mono.diffwidget. But I bet it can down loaded through SlideMe or the App Store.

·
Registered
6 Posts
HiI have the Apad rockchip for a week...I can assure you (All APAD and variants) that are within a 2500 mAh battery! not more do not listen to others ... is full of sellers ... hunt for bargains! ... with wifi turned on the battery life of up to 30 minutes! ... the battery is undersized compared to screen size!regards

·
Registered
60 Posts
[quote author=jayrod link=topic=670.msg5895#msg5895 date=1275907369]i get 5-6 hours no wifiaround 3 hours with wifi.[/quote]Can you tell us exactly which model you bought, from where and how much you paid? (If it isnt too much trouble).We really need to separate the wheat from the chaff here or narrow down what looks like a huge quality control problem.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
I bought mine from merimobiles. Like jayrod, I consistently get 3-5 hours of use. I disagree, ntn. Look at some of the pics in the tear downs - one of them shows a 2700mAh battery at least. ;D

·
Registered
6 Posts
hi allI must say that overall I am satisfied ... value for money! great item!but I can assure you that my new super APAD bought one week ago on ebay ... hour touch screen digitizer is broken ... and I removed it ... MD01-marked PCB V2.0 (repeat APAD Rockchip version 2.0) Battery 2500 mAh (like pics of post webmasters Opened on APAD)My battery life with wifi on is 30 mins max (after lightning charge)! this is my experience!never ... I never say the battery life is greater or equal than advertised!thanks so much in advance

1 - 20 of 36 Posts