Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have aPad new batch v3 (metal back) red charge led from mp4nation. rk2808, etc..My accelerometer is not working, the option is enabled in the menus, however I have never been able to get the display to rotate.Now mp4nation did not load any firmware because the v2 is not compatible with this v3. I am wondering if this is why my accelerometer is not working.I have downloaded diagnostic programs from the Market, none return any values for the sensors.Should I be returning this?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Have you tried turning the device completely over so the front button faces left? I have the same model (I think) as yours and my accelerometer seems to work but with wrong axis so it goes to portrait when I hold it landscape with front button pointing left

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I have, there is no sign that it is doing anything.With yours have you tried using a diagnostic program from the market to show you values from your sensors. Mine does not show any numbers.Maybe it is broken?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi, sorry this is a bit off topic but I am concerned that you say "Now mp4nation did not load any firmware because the v2 is not compatible with this v3". One of the reasons I have bought from them is that they say they load the latest version of RogerBraun Firmware. Are they no longer doing this? I ordered mine on 6th August so I think it should be one of the metal back ones.

·
Registered
8 Posts
please check rom version under settings/info ...if its 0806 its the batch 3 firmware...screenrotation at homescreen and men? is disabled...just enable rotation and go to the settings menu for example and rotate... then it should rotate... but its quite slow... and needs a second to rotate at all...

G

·
[quote name='shp;39988]Hi' date=' sorry this is a bit off topic but I am concerned that you say "Now mp4nation did not load any firmware because the v2 is not compatible with this v3". One of the reasons I have bought from them is that they say they load the latest version of RogerBraun Firmware. Are they no longer doing this? I ordered mine on 6th August so I think it should be one of the metal back ones.[/QUOTE'] All the new ones shipping from mp4nation dont have any custom firmware installed because there isnt one form rogerbraun that works with the new batch 3's yet.It will be posted on the forums when it is available,along with the full instructions on how to flash your APAD.Dont worry,you will have plenty of help once this is done,mp4nation has a great forum for this,lots of well written guides and such
I may even do a video on how its done to make it easier

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks for your reply dragon2knight but this is a major disappointment for me. The reason I ordered from mp4nation (and have put up with the wait etc) is that they said on their web site and I got confirmation on their forum that the firmware would be pre-installed. I haven't had any contact from them saying that this is not the case and giving me the chance to change or cancel my order. I know that I will get support from the excellent people on here if I come do decide to do it myself but I feel I have paid mp4nation to do it for me. The other reason I ordered from mp4nation was that by having the firmware pre-installed I knew that the apad would have been fully tested and working. There are so many posts about faulty machines and I wanted to avoid that. I really feel they have not sold me what I paid for.

G

·
I can understand why you would feel that way.shp,I think I would be pissed off too if that were the case with me.I'm still waiting for mine to be shipped from the 25th of last month,partly because I had it combined with another presale order that took a bit to go out,then this stuff with the new batch coming in and not working with the custom firmware just added more time to it.I agree with him,though,that they should be sent out without the firmware,if not customers would be waiting a very,very long time to get their order,which would cause utter chaos on the site,and he knows it.When between a rock and a hard place,somethings gotta give,and he went with sending them out.At least hes not leaving you out in the cold with no support at all,its not the mp4nation way,at all.If you feel you've been cheated at all,sent it back,and hope you find another dealer thats as nice and cares as much about satisfying the customer BEFORE, DURING and AFTER the sale...good luck on that ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
futureshock;40121 said:
please check rom version under settings/info ...if its 0806 its the batch 3 firmware...screenrotation at homescreen and men? is disabled...just enable rotation and go to the settings menu for example and rotate... then it should rotate... but its quite slow... and needs a second to rotate at all...
my firmware is 1.5kernel version 2.6.25 rockchip 1.2.7 (ruiguan)build number rk-1.3.2.eng.root.20100729.130751what does this mean?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I don't want to return mine so can anyone suggest if there is an app that can rotate the screen on aldiko and web browser? Also as my accelerometer works but upside down can I tweak a custom firmware to reverse the screen rotate function?

·
Registered
176 Posts
deadice;40727 said:
my firmware is 1.5kernel version 2.6.25 rockchip 1.2.7 (ruiguan)build number rk-1.3.2.eng.root.20100729.130751what does this mean?
I have the exact same model as you, and I can tell you that it does work, just not on the home screen. Try going into the settings then turn it into portrait mode.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I was in Shenzhen a couple of weeks ago and all of the metal ones that were there had issues with the accelerometer, so I didn't buy any. I got a phone call from one of the shops and they said that there was a dodgy batch, so unfortunately yours may well be one of these. Looks like you will have to send it back, sorry.

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
Davek22;42390 said:
I don't want to return mine so can anyone suggest if there is an app that can rotate the screen on aldiko and web browser? Also as my accelerometer works but upside down can I tweak a custom firmware to reverse the screen rotate function?
Davehave a screen rotate apk, not sure if it will work on the apad though, it works great on the A81E/W1060, if you would like it pm me your email and i'll email it to you

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.