Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
I see the pads for the HDMI output are their....i think i might just buy one from digikey, solder it in and see what happens...LOL

·
Premium Member
2,596 Posts
I like your moxie . that would be a kick but mod to the tablet

·
Registered
103 Posts
I actually bought this thing for my daughter.... so i wanna take it apart right now, but i cant, but i really wanna....but i cant.....but.....

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
[quote name='xboxhacker;25914]I see the pads for the HDMI output are their....i think i might just buy one from digikey' date=' solder it in and see what happens...LOL[/QUOTE'] I had guessed they'd be there.....wonder how much they saved by skipping it...20 cents at most?

·
Registered
576 Posts
pulidzz;26075 said:
the HDMI must be a licensing issue more than just saving on hardware cost.
The adapter should've been pretty cheap and according to the datasheet, HDMI came for "free" w/TCC89xx... then again if their production runs are small it might've been too expensive...I'd upload the datasheet here(short one, 999k) but lats time I tried the forum told me that I could only upload 19.5k...

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
mogrith;26242 said:
Or it could just have a crappy 720p output. Looks nice on the display but can really do 720p.
It probably can. Telechips, like Rockchip, was until recently a company that cranked out PMP chipsets (many with HDMI), and had nothing to do with ARM and Android until recently.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.