Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Registered
50 Posts
Roger's has a much smaller user install space. Somewhere around 40meg. So you're highly limited to the number of apps you can install.Kang's has some 340meg available to install apps.I personally prefer Rogers rom, but am currently using Kang's as it has much more room to install apps onto. If I could get Rogers without all the crap and the 300meg of space free to install my own apps, then I'd be a happy camper.

· Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you noticed if Kangs is any faster, it seems to suggest he used new updated drivers or something. I am using Rogers at the moment but was considering swapping to Kangs for larger install space though I do like Rogers version though.

· Registered
10 Posts
hihow is the keymapping in Kangs Rom ? He says thet theres no hardware home Key.Anyone experience with the spareparts app????How to setting it right? From Kangs Blog:Cautions/Known Issues * You no longer have a boot screen. Don?t worry about that. * To wake the ROM up, you may need to press Back plus the front power button together for a few seconds to bring the screen back on * To get a hardware Home key, you can use the application ?SpareParts? get it back by choosing a new ?End button action? * Starting language is still Simplified Chinese * Youtube doesn?t do full screen. I don?t know how to fix this * If your internal flash memory is not formatted, plug your Apad into your computer and format it to FAT with your computer * ROM is not rooted in system (I couldn?t get it working right so I didn?t bother)

· Registered
2 Posts
Install space will be larger in the next hydrid rom release, too. The kangxau rom is very nice and I will integrate the parts I like into my next release.Also, as most people don't seem to like "all the crap" that is bundled with my rom, I will remove pretty much everything except media players. As the new update-script keeps settings and installed apps intact, there is no need anymore to bundle everything one could want in the update.img

· Registered
936 Posts
Okay I can finally post again. I don't think I'll start up a new thread because my ROM is basically a modification of roger'sI made a bunch of non-critical changes to roger's ROM and listed the changes on my blog. Let's just say it's the ROM I'm using too.I think I'll be writing up the howto on my blog if I get around to it. It's harder to keep track of here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.