Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen complaints about 7/24, but it should be possible to flash just the kernel from 7/24 and leave the rest of 7/18 alone. If anyone is interested I can write up instructions.

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
might as well. So sayeth the mad mod.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lawman;25068 said:
might as well. So sayeth the mad mod.
At your own risk as always, but the worst that should happen is that it refuses to flash. Unzip 7/24 firmware zip file to somewhere.Copy "fuse" and "kernel" to adb dir.From command prompt:adb push fuse /data/adb push kernel /data/adb shell#cd /data/#chmod 777 /data/fuse#./fuse kernel kernel(you should get some messages here about the kernel flashing)#rm fuse#rm kernel#reboot(From memory when I have done this before, hopefully I got it all right.

·
Registered
361 Posts
OK, got my new Novel after two exchanges & updated to 7_18. My old one was at 7_24 & I liked it at full speed, so is the above procedure approved for noob use? I know you said that it would just not flash, but you also said that you "hopefully got it right". Anyone try this? & lived?

·
Registered
402 Posts
/bumpIs this approved for noobs or is this method of doing things abandoned in favor of a fully working FroyoEclair build from the development forum subsection once that has gelled completely? Sorry to bump such an old thread but I recalled wondering about it back when it was gtoing on and waiting to see if there would be updates... So now I'm asking--any updates on this?--bornagainpenguin

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
stoic;39170 said:
Just what exactly is Fuse doing and where can we find more information about it? If I may ask...
There isn't, really, it's proprietary. A user in the dev forum discovered PD tacks on a standard uboot header to many of the flash files for no really good reason. Fuse appears to be the traditional google "flash_image" program (which you can probably google), plus an additional bit of code that strips off the header and runs a CRC check before executing the guts of "flash_image".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.