Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Allwinner A13 has better battery management as what I've read online... Has anyone got a tab to prove this and prolly make a review for us? There are already selling in China as we speak..

·
Global Moderator
878 Posts
I'm leaning towards the A10 with more features instead of less. As with Intel pentium and celeron, chips, and especially now, SoC chips we should all be looking for more features than less. What are we talking about here, five or ten bucks?

HDMI out is important to me.

OEM A13s a'coming and ner a firmware to be found....

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If HDMI is the only thing they miss out, I am not worried as long the video playback is great, cpu and gpu performance is not affected, as in similar to the A10. I think A13, as I read, has lower heat dissipatation and better battery management.That's why i am asking any members who have bought a A13 tablet to share his experience..

·
Global Moderator
878 Posts
I'm in a position now to compare an A10 (Eken T01a) and an A13 Ampe A76 and I'm impressed with both of them. However, neither has a big battery or great life, seems we cannot win, they develop SoC with power management and then say "hey, now we can save $3 on the battery" instead of giving the consumer the benefit of the extra juice.

One thing to watch for though with A10 or A13 tablets:

Make sure you know where to get your firmware from!!

So, I recommend buying non-generic brand.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi.I have an ICOO D50 Lite with Allwinner A13.Will there be a CyanogenMod for this tab?Performance is not bad.Max Payne and GTA3 runs,but not very smooth.Modern Combat 3 runs better.Battery is good for 2 days with average use.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I try to backup my current rom on my tablet,Icoo D50 Lite,but it not works.There's no official CWM recovery for A13 tabs.I took a try with Onandroid but get a massage when i want to backup the rom.It says : md5sum not found in path! Exiting....

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi,

I now have a JXD S9100 Allwinner A13 tablet-9 inch. Before I used to have Haipad M7 with PowerVR 540 graphics built in. When comparing the 2D and 3D graphics I think Mali 400 on JXD is not that powerful as PowerVR on Haipad M7.
Battery in Haipad M7 really sucked whereas JXD with its 4000mah is a beauty with 6-7 hours(maybe even more) on above average use.

Things I gathered from internet:
Never let the tablet battery die on you as I read somewhere in a forum.
Frequent charges makes the battery better.
Never overcharge the battery even for the first charge.

It now 2 days that I have got my new tab (very cheap). I bricked it on the second day (by trying to change a line in graphics config file). But as I already had backup ROM from internet I unbricked the tab with Livesuite.

My verdict: This wide screen 9in is just the right choice for me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, i've a MPMAN MID77C tablet that use the A13 Allwinner chip.
Not bad, it's a cheap 7" tablet, but for example the play store don't support this model. To enable you have to modify some file, not so difficult.
I've disassembled the tablet: the battery is a 2800mah.
Compared with a Cube U25GT (Rockchip RK2928), they're very similar outside, but no chance: the Cube is much better and have a similar price.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts