Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still debating submitting the kohl's rebate knowing that the upc doesn't match.Anyone get their rebate check yet or received a rejection?

·
Registered
143 Posts
I sent off for two rebates and I'm still waiting on the rebates, but I also checked the box that said "Contact me regarding this rebate via telephone" or something to that effect. I think if I get denied I'll receive a phone call explaining why.

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
I sent off three. I am prepared to make a holy war of it... at this point.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Did Kohl's ever put up a fixed rebate coupon? I haven't mailed mine in thinking they'd have to do so, since the other form was obviously incorrect, and rebate redemption places love to reject people for almost any reason. I suppose I might have to take it up with the store at this point, I dunno...?

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
remember, these have to be mailed by a particular date...

·
Registered
79 Posts
[quote name='lawman;21241]remember' date=' these have to be mailed by a particular date...[/QUOTE'] It doesn't seem prudent to me to mail off my only proof of purchase with a coupon that doesn't match my item, either.
And rebate redemption places, in my experience, don't go out of their way to be accommodating. I'll call my local Kohl's and see what they're doing about it (though I'd bet almost anything the person I get on the phone will have no clue).

·
Registered
3 Posts
I suggest that anyone sending in the rebate take scans of everything that you send in. I think this thread is a great idea so that if class action suit time comes around we already have a large group identified.

·
Registered
15 Posts
SpinControl;21253 said:
Anyone consider contacting the rebate house?
I contacted them last week about this and was told the rebate was under review (or something to that effect). The rep said to keep an eye out for a corrected rebate but obviously none so far.

·
Registered
147 Posts
deshpak;21265 said:
I suggest that anyone sending in the rebate take scans of everything that you send in. I think this thread is a great idea so that if class action suit time comes around we already have a large group identified.
Seems a bit extreme for a $20 rebate. I would try and take it up with the store it was purchased from as they are the ones who advertise it for a given price after rebate.Besides, after a class action lawsuit, lawyers would get $19 and you'd get $1 back.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't care about the rebate I just want to stop all this rebate fraud. Better to just sell the thing at a lower price or instant rebate than to have us jump through a bunch of hoops for twenty bucks.

·
Registered
147 Posts
deshpak;21306 said:
I don't care about the rebate I just want to stop all this rebate fraud. Better to just sell the thing at a lower price or instant rebate than to have us jump through a bunch of hoops for twenty bucks.
I couldn't agree more! I just sent in a silly rebate from Lowe's for $4!!! Luckily the only thing required was the rebate receipt/form which was printed from the register, but rebates in general are shady....I think they expect 50% or more of people won't even bother after they buy something.

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
Is anybody's showing in process? The rebate coupon had a website to track the progress. I am not sure which rebate coupon to use as one is expired and one has the wrong barcode. Kohl's gave me the $15 off because the rebate coupon was wrong, but heck, might as well go for another $15 if I can.

·
Registered
79 Posts
deshpak;21322 said:
By the way if you are worried that you have the wrong rebate form from BBB you can download the current version here: http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/PandigitalForm0624.pdf It matched the one that the guy in the store handed to me and it matches the UPC code on the box.
Just so it's clear: that rebate form clearly states it's only valid if you bought your Novel from Bed Bath and Beyond. It won't help Kohl's folks, which, afaik, is the (only) source of any real rebate issue(s).I did send an email to Kohl's corporate customer service explaining the incorrect-coupon problem; they seem interested in helping and want me to send them more information, which I'll do yet tonight, and hopefully post back here with good news in the next day or so.

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
[quote name='xelachen;21380]Just so it's clear: that rebate form clearly states it's only valid if you bought your Novel from Bed Bath and Beyond. It won't help Kohl's folks' date=' which, afaik, is the (only) source of any real rebate issue(s).I did send an email to Kohl's corporate customer service explaining the incorrect-coupon problem; they seem interested in helping and want me to send them more information, which I'll do yet tonight, and hopefully post back here with good news in the next day or so.[/QUOTE'] LOL. I've been trying to deal with Kohl's customer service on this issue almost since the rebate was posted. The finally told me ten days ago they would refer it to their operations people and get back to me. I emailed them yesterday to get an update and they said it is still being research and I had to wait. To me that means, go away we aren't going to give you a corrected rebate coupon. I have tried emailing Pandigital but I have yet to get a reply from them.

·
Registered
79 Posts
[quote name='jackbox;21421]LOL. I've been trying to deal with Kohl's customer service on this issue almost since the rebate was posted. The finally told me ten days ago they would refer it to their operations people and get back to me. I emailed them yesterday to get an update and they said it is still being research and I had to wait. To me that means' date=' go away we aren't going to give you a corrected rebate coupon. I have tried emailing Pandigital but I have yet to get a reply from them.[/QUOTE'] I definitely plan on holding Kohl's feet to the fire on this. Someone screwed up, but I bought it from Kohl's, based on their ad. They need to fix it, one way or the other. I'll give 'em a few days, maybe a week, but I won't have much patience for any runaround. I'm being very nice so far. ;) Depending on the response I get from Kohl's corporate cust svc, I may have to lean on someone locally; they may be less resistant to just eating it to make the problem go away... though it's not necessarily an approach that's all that helpful for anyone else getting boned on their rebate.

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
[quote name='xelachen;21427]Depending on the response I get from Kohl's corporate cust svc' date=' I may have to lean on someone locally; they may be less resistant to just eating it to make the problem go away... though it's not necessarily an approach that's all that helpful for anyone else getting boned on their rebate.[/QUOTE'] Just go into your local Kohl's store and ask for the manager. Explain the situation and they should just refund you the amount of the rebate. When my mother purchased mine for me (I am in Thailand so I could not buy it myself) I had her ask about the 30% discount during the recall and the manager readily agreed. Then the manager told her (before she could ask as prompted by me) that the rebate coupon was no good and offered to take an additional $15.00 off for the rebate. Many states have laws now requiring stores to make good on advertised rebates if the customer has a problem with it. Kohl's local managers have a lot of leeway to make customers happy. Try that. Good luck.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
wow, quite the hot topic!I too think that the rebate company will say the rebate is invalid and toss it, which will result in you losing the original upc. IMO kohl's doesn't want to correct the problem.However, those of us that got the $159.99 price technically already got the rebate at the register, so I guess we are being greedy.I tried calling the # on the form but never got to speak with a human. We have until august 11th to submit for the rebate. I was hoping this issue would be resolved by then, but I guess not.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts