Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried using the forum search to no avail. Is there any way to go to the landscape 6 x 5 icon arrangement of some other android devices? After adding a few of my favorite widgets I have no room for much else. I currently have the stock GE homescreen, no 3rd party launchers.

·
Registered
365 Posts
[quote name='Joshua;42058]I tried using the forum search to no avail. Is there any way to go to the landscape 6 x 5 icon arrangement of some other android devices? After adding a few of my favorite widgets I have no room for much else. I currently have the stock GE homescreen' date=' no 3rd party launchers.[/QUOTE']Launcher Pro also allows you to add an additional row (i.e., 4 x 5 = 20). You can also increase the packing in the app tray, but that may not be as useful.-Matt

·
Registered
89 Posts
I think ADW is the best launcher by far. Not only can you add rows and columns to make the icon layouts more tablet friendly, you can also choose the size of widgets. Some widgets show more data in things like RSS feeds when you make them bigger (span more rows or columns than default), other don't work quite as well. If I hadn't bricked my novel doing a factory ROM restore (and returned it), I'd post pics.This is the default launcher for the Cyanogen ROMs for a reason. It is a kick ass launcher that should get way more play in this forum.

·
Registered
23 Posts
[quote name='sharpfork2;42092]I think ADW is the best launcher by far. Not only can you add rows and columns to make the icon layouts more tablet friendly' date=' you can also choose the size of widgets. Some widgets show more data in things like RSS feeds when you make them bigger (span more rows or columns than default), other don't work quite as well. If I hadn't bricked my novel doing a factory ROM restore (and returned it), I'd post pics.This is the default launcher for the Cyanogen ROMs for a reason. It is a kick ass launcher that should get way more play in this forum.[/QUOTE'] +1 for ADW

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
How's ADW handle the orientation situation, or does it crash like all the others if the Power plug is down. (Please tell me it switches from portrait to landscape with no issues.)

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
Yeah, checked that out myself just now. ADW does seem slick in some ways, but like everything, there's drawbacks. It only likes 2 orientations, unlike Panda (and others?) which gives you three. I do like some of the differences and I think I'll play with it for a day or so. If it displays my caledar/agenda widgets better (ie, bigger/readable) then I might switch. So far I've been checking out LauncherPro but keep going back to Panda.All in all, it's pretty cool that we have so many choices when you think about it.

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
Hey, FYI it looks like the developer just issued an update for the ADW yesterday according to his blog. I was testing out the version that was posted hereabouts last month.Come and get the new candy.UPDATE: If I'm reading the preferences right, you can make the 1.1.1 version of ADW into an 8x8 icon grid ... per page ... with 7 pages. (Let the Force Quit be with you)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.