Android Tablets Forum banner
141 - 160 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks ikhsanstan..worked like a charm. Only thing I got left to fix now is Google play services stops from time to time but I'm sure that will fix with update from 4.0 to 4.1 that is rolling out.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yes I have an Ainol AX1 model called Poseidon, it's quadcore and has dual sim running Android 4.2.1. I purchased it from the internet from Aliexpress. As a matter of fact I joined this forum to solicite help on the tablet as there seems to be little or no support for it, or I'm unable to locate it. My problem: Bought the Ainol AX1 Quadcore Dual Sim from Aliexpress. Everything is fine on it except that it reboots every now and then. It usually happens after charging. The reboot that happens is shorter than the normal manual reboot. Anyone who's got a fix for this problem? I'm thinking that an upgrade may help but I do not know where or how to upgrade this device. I have an Huawei G300 Android phone that informs me automatically if an upgrade is available. For this tablet, an upgrade can only be done by downloading an upgrade file and loading it manually? Thanks for the help, anyone.
I have the same problem, I don't know what is the cause of these reboots.
We have to wait a new firmware update from Ainol...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Can anyone tell me how to recover the imei for the AX1? I have both sims IMEI written down, however when I upgraded the firmware with the ROM from AINOL's website it practically deleted both IMEIS and now if I dial *#06#. It says "Invalid IMEI" for sim 1 and 2.

Also, I've got another question. Can I simply install a custom ROM for this Device by method of placing ROM on SD card and renaming to Update.zip and then use ES File Explorer to install it or do I HAVE to use SP Flash tools.

If I have to use SP Flash tools, please explain the process.

Thank You.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well, very thankful to IKHSANSTAN and to all the rest that have made an effort to find a solutuion to the problems.

Here my appreciations:

1.- I've had two reboots since a changed the ROM from ainol to freelander a week ago. I have no problems in receiving calls,but the 3g connection is very poor someplaces. For example I can not connect when I'm at home, I could do it with other devices, my sister can with her AIRIS TM 400 phone, for instance. But in my case is very very poor. It shows letter E on the bars. In some places runs very fast (those moments I have a smile on my face).

2.- Just as a question: Is it possible to create a ROM to people like me, that have all the ainol hardware, that when starts shows the ainol logo instead of freelander? and also shows it in the information of the tablet (I need it in case I decide to sell this device, sorry)? If yes, I will appreciate you can help me

3.- The most important........ Before I changed to the Freelander ROM I tried another one ( NUMY 3G) because someone recommended it, it didn't run well, reboots all the time and the same connection problem. But the worst was this: I'm used to using the phone with bluetooth headphones (due to the size of it) and one day I received a phone call, answered on teh headphones, teh connections was bad, so I tried to change it to loudspeaker mode, I heard teh conversation for about 2 seconds (on loudspeaker mode) and then it went off, I couldn't hear anything on loudspeaker. Then I figured that i can't hear anything from the tablet, Even the headphones jack is not working (it used to work) the only way I can hear something is through the bluetooth devices.

I thought maybe it was a ROM problem, so I changed from NUmy to freelander but the problem stills there.

Do you thing is something I can change? or is it a software problem, because I haven't dropped the tablet or something like that.

Thanks for your help.

Blessings

·
Registered
9 Posts
Can anyone tell me how to recover the imei for the AX1? I have both sims IMEI written down, however when I upgraded the firmware with the ROM from AINOL's website it practically deleted both IMEIS and now if I dial *#06#. It says "Invalid IMEI" for sim 1 and 2.

Also, I've got another question. Can I simply install a custom ROM for this Device by method of placing ROM on SD card and renaming to Update.zip and then use ES File Explorer to install it or do I HAVE to use SP Flash tools.

If I have to use SP Flash tools, please explain the process.

Thank You.
Check out this forum

http://www.htcmania.com/showthread.php?t=695042

I think you can find teh solution there

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have successfully flashed the (CWM Recovery .img) for my Ainol AX1 from Awais Niazis. I saw the green circle pop up in SP flash tools. Now I'd like to know how to actually make a full image backup of my phone before I try flashing a custom ROM. I installed Rom Manager and selected flash CWM....it's saying

"device not listed above, click here if your device is not shown in the list above."

When I click it a message pops up saying

"Poseidon does not have an officially supported Clockworkmod Recovery yet. Have you installed a clockworkMod based recovery manually?"

I assume this is the recovery I flashed in SPFlash tools by Awais Niazis right?

So I hit yes, and it asks me to confirm version

ClockworkMod 2.x

or

ClockworkMod 3.x+

I don't know what to do here, can someone please assist me?

If it's possible, can someone make my life easier and share your backup of Stock ROM for Ainol AX1 Poseidon that I can install via SD card with Rom Manager? I am trying to backup mine with mtk droid tools but I keep getting adb errors and also in sp flash tools I can't seem to get it to work without giving me some error message.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm getting the same error Hanamizuki. I read the work around but didn't make sense. Must have lost something in translation.
I figured out why you are getting this error.

What you need is your own scatterfile and also you need to have all of these files in same folder.

Example.

Create a folder on Desktop. then copy "your" scatterfile, sp flash tools folder, and Awais Niazis.img.

This worked for me when all other methods failed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had the same trouble so what I did I read the warning that came up and ran everything again up to the point of hitting download (F9)

This is where you hit firmware-upgrade (F8) just like it says in the pop-up window and everything works great.

I have one question maybe someone can help with. Mine came with a V2 ROM dated Aug and now I have upgraded to the V1 ROM dated Sept
and reworked by x-caliber (you are doing great work man) So why V2 then comes V1-seems backwards to me. What is next V0 ? :)
You said that it didn't work even after you turned usb debug on. You are supposed to turn off your phone, hit download in sp flash tools and then connect it to your PC. I could be wrong but I think you were trying to flash with your phone on.

·
Registered
11 Posts
For those of you having the "Not Detecting Sim" issue or it keeps dropping calls, you need not worry. I have an easy fix for you.

1.Simply Download "Mobile Uncle Tools" from Play Store open it and select "engineer mode" then "Engineer MTK".

If you don't want to download Mobile Uncle Tools then go to Dialer and dial ( *#*#3646633#*#* ) to get into engineer mode.

2. Once in Engineer Mode, under Telephony. Select "Network Selecting"

3. You will see "Select Preferred Network Type" Choose "GSM Only"

4. That's it...for some reason it doesn't seem to read SIM Card properly when it's on "GSM/WCDMA" and "WCDMA"

Maybe it the type of sim you're using...if this doesn't work the please let me know with a reply.

NOTE: No need to flash phone or update firmware to do this. Also, this is for the Ainol AX1 Poseidon.

Cheers!
Hozi

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone

in my AX1 numy 3G data is not working for some reason, so I downloaded latest firmware from Ainol website and every time Im getting this error Incorrect scatter file format

what Im doing wrong ?

I install Freelander firmware but 3g still not works

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi everyone

in my AX1 numy 3G data is not working for some reason, so I downloaded latest firmware from Ainol website and every time Im getting this error Incorrect scatter file format

what Im doing wrong ?

I install Freelander firmware but 3g still not works

Thanks
There's a tutorial to fix incorrect scatter file somewhere in xda site, just google it.

but this method easier

Use scatter file from another ROM that (in your case, from Freelander Rom that You've flash before)

or downlod the scatter file from this post

http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/92537-ax1-new-how-to-keep-it-like-this-imei-clockworkmod-flashrom/#entry1062913

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have no issues on the stock AX1 software other than the sim issue. Still doesn't like to switch between gsm and wcdma. If I use uncle mobile to lock it into Gsm only I never loose signal but give up 3g. If I lock it into wcdma only it works great until I get into an area with a weak wcdma signal. Then I loose signal completely. The problem lies in the switching between the two. Be it radio or modem.IMG I don't know because I'm not that advanced. But I am learning.

·
Registered
3 Posts
There's a tutorial to fix incorrect scatter file somewhere in xda site, just google it.

but this method easier

Use scatter file from another ROM that (in your case, from Freelander Rom that You've flash before)

or downlod the scatter file from this post

http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/92537-ax1-new-how-to-keep-it-like-this-imei-clockworkmod-flashrom/#entry1062913
Thanks for help

The problem was with Chinese name of the folder, I just rename it to whatever and guess what ... scatter file works

Also I fixed the problem with 3G just changed in settings>mobile access point.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi everyone

I Purchase Ainol 7" AX1 Numy one weak before and I have no idea about it.

My Ainol 7" AX1 numy is not booting. When I press power button its Logo " Ainol " comes and then starts blinking deferent apps icons and keeps on continuously blinking but not boot. If anybody help me Please do.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi everyone

I Purchase Ainol 7" AX1 Numy one weak before and I have no idea about it.

My Ainol 7" AX1 numy is not booting. When I press power button its Logo " Ainol " comes and then starts blinking deferent apps icons and keeps on continuously blinking but not boot. If anybody help me Please do.
enter in recovery mode by pressing vol+ and power, select wipe data / factory reset

reboot

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have tried every thing from recovery mode but all in vain. My device

BUILD NUMBER is 2013.08.29 V2.

·
Registered
29 Posts
OK everyone....my AX1 is working perfectly with no reboots and no signal drop or freeze. For the past 24 hours it has been perfect.

Did clean install of newest factory unaltered firmware.
Did GPS calibration
Used unclemobile tools to set rat mode to wcdma auto along with making sure the gem/wcdma auto was site under 3g services under settings.

I think their is a conflict in commands because when I first open unclemobile tool rat is set at gsm by default even though you may have it set to wcdma only under settings.

Will update if I see any changes

·
Registered
29 Posts
Oh also I forgot. Under uncle mobile tools I disabled every frequency that is not used by my carriers here in the US.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hello,

i want to update my Aionol Numy AX1 3 G with the Freelander PX2 by CWM choose zip from SDCARD.

i get this error code:

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "yecon89_tb_jb2" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "yecon89_tb_jb2"

E:Érror in /sdcard/update.zip (Status 7)

Installation aborted.

What must i Change ?

Or is the freelander Px2 not for my Ainol Numy AX1 3G ?

Many thanks for answer

141 - 160 of 179 Posts