Android Tablets Forum banner
121 - 140 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
PLease I need Help. It's been about a month that I'm using the phablet, but since the first week I have had problems with 3G connection and also in receiving pphone calls. The two sim cards seem to lose connection from time to time, and I can't receive phone calls neither. I have to restart the phone in order to be able to.
PLease Help me!
I had the same problem, then i found this rom

http://74.86.85.61/showthread.php?2...-Sep-6th-2013)&p=122665&viewfull=1#post122665

Before Flashing with sp flash tools.
Backup your contact and app.
Backup your BBM with titanium backup if you dont want to lose your current PIN.
Turn off tablet, go to recovery mode press power+volume down or up (i forget which one) haha
Wipe cache, wipe data. Reboot, turn the tablet off again.
Flash the new rom.
go to recovery mode again
Wipe cache, wipe data. Reboot
Now you have clean slate rom, without lost signal issue.
This rom not pre-rooted, if you want to root your device, download framaroot from xda.

Sorry for my bad english. I hope you understand.

Sent from my Freelander PX2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
For those do not speak Chinese like me at Geek Buying has also the new firmware with English instructions in doc(Do not let me add url here)

Update Description:

1. Maximum volume trun to 13, listen music and watch movie more convenient.

2. Solve problems of sometimes can not receive GPS satellite.

Notice:

Maybe sometimes the tablet cannot read the sim card, do not worry, the tablet is not bad, you just insert the sim card and reboot it.

The update method on the package, and you just download and follow the steps.

Thanks x-calibur i was worried about root after firmware update
Hi, I am having the problem of not detecting sim card. I am fairly new to all of this sort of stuff. This is my first phone/tablet. Please help me to get my sim working. I am good at following instructions, but I want to be sure I do the right thing. Can you please explain to me how to get my sim working?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had the same problem. 3g and phone would freeze and reboot would be the only way to make them work again. I had to send it back to the manufacturer to repair a faulty usb. I was told that the new firmware update would fix it. We will see.

·
Registered
4 Posts

http://74.86.85.61/showthread.php?2...-Sep-6th-2013)&p=122665&viewfull=1#post122665

Turn off tablet, go to recovery mode press power+volume down or up (i forget which one) haha
Flash the new rom.
This rom not pre-rooted, if you want to root your device, download framaroot from xda.

i have the same problem here, but i don't want to flash this phablet again..
can you upload your modem.img (it is inside /system/etc/firmware) for me?
many thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had the same problem. 3g and phone would freeze and reboot would be the only way to make them work again. I had to send it back to the manufacturer to repair a faulty usb. I was told that the new firmware update would fix it. We will see.
When will you get it back?

·
Registered
9 Posts

Flash the new rom.

Dear friend it's really important to me to know if everything works perfectly, overall, the 3G connection, please let me know as soon as possible.
BTW, if you have a tuto for dummies I will appreciate it.
Blessings

·
Registered
6 Posts
Dear friend it's really important to me to know if everything works perfectly, overall, the 3G connection, please let me know as soon as possible.
BTW, if you have a tuto for dummies I will appreciate it.
Blessings
There are 2 Brand for this device, AINOL NUMY AX1/POSEIDON AX1 and FRELANDER PX2
IMO it's completely the same device just different Brand and ROM.

As far as i know. it works great. the best rom ever for both freelander and ainol until now.
no more lost signal and inaccurate touch screen (issue from ainol rom) and no more random reboot (issue from freelander PX2 rom). Yeah, those issues are ROM Related, not hardware.

The only bug i found, you need to turn on the GPS via engineer mode (dial *#*#4636#*#* or download quickshortcutmaker from playstore, install, open, find and select "engineer mode",tap "create" shortcut will appear on your homscreen no need to dial code anymore).
if you turn it on via setting, it does looks like it's on but actually it's not, so the GPS can't lock.

For the fisrt time you need to do these step in Engineer Mode
1.Location Base Service>GPS>GPS(OFF) tap it, GPS (ON).
2.Location Base Service>GPS>AGPS>Check the "enable A-GPS"
3.Location Base Service>GPS>EPO>Check "Enable EPO" Tap "EPO IDLE" it will start downloading EPO, wail till finish).
It's not Lumia device, it will take a while for GPS locking for your position, be patient.
Everytime this device reboot, GPS turn itself off so you need to redo step 1.

This is the backup link from my dropbox just in case the link in the another forum suspended
1.ROM
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9ud24sjmmafwbuj/PX2_PC_24-10-13.ZIP
2.Tools
https://www.dropbox.com/s/evkok9i8tsapdb7/PX2_tool.rar

Follow this step

-Before Flashing with sp flash tools.
(1) Backup your contact and app an IMEI (dial *#06# and you will have your imei, you can write it somewhere and stock it, maybe one day you will need it).
(2) Backup your BBM with titanium backup if you dont want to lose your current PIN.
(3) Turn off tablet, go to recovery mode press power+volume down or up (i forget which one) haha
(4) Wipe cache, wipe data. Reboot, turn the tablet off again.

-Flash the new rom.

1. Download the files from link above, extract.
2. Open folder PX2 Tool, install USB VCOM drivers (install win7 drivers for win8).
3. Open SP Flash Tool Just click the exe file in the folder, click scatter loading button and select the MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc file from folder PX2_PC_24-10-13, then click download button (you will notice that Stop button becomes active).
4. Turn off your tablet and make sure it is not connected to your PC
5. While your tablet is off, connect it to your PC and wait for the magic (if the tab turns on and shows charging icon, something went wrong. retry!)
6. You will see a green circle showing that the process is complete...

Voila! you now have Flash the ROM!!!

credit and thanx to @akn , i just modified his post a little (go to this post if want to install CWM)
http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/88930-any-one-with-ainol-ax1/page__view__findpost__p__1058121

-After flashing
(1) go to recovery mode again
(2) Wipe cache, wipe data. Reboot
(3) This rom not pre-rooted, if you want to root your device, download framaroot from xda for the latest version. or install the APK from the folder PX2 tools, but it's out of date. (open the app, exploit, reboot, if Superuser app appear on your app drawer, you have root your device) you can uninstall the app after you have the root access.

Just PM me if you need more explanation, but i can't give you the screenshots.
I accidentally delete the ROM from my harddrive, and my download speed is too slow to redownload)

·
Registered
4 Posts
for anyone who has 3g problem and you don't want to reflash again, there is another solution for you
push modem.img (ikhsanstan uploaded it on his post) to /system/etc/firmware, but first backup your modem.img to modem.bak
after pushing this modem.img, set permission to rw- r-- r--
then reboot
it works for me, may be it also work for you guys..

·
Registered
29 Posts
When will you get it back?
Who knows. Singapore mail says it was dispatched to us on the 31st but no update since then. I've been stuck using my older phone and a loaner. (Dell streak and iPhone 3GS) both of which are a headache. They are both so mind numbingly slow.

·
Registered
6 Posts
for anyone who has 3g problem and you don't want to reflash again, there is another solution for you
push modem.img (ikhsanstan uploaded it on his post) to /system/etc/firmware, but first backup your modem.img to modem.bak
then reboot
Ikhsanstan Share a file to you,Please click this link to download: http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/1/view/a2h04xf7k9mzvkv/modem.img

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
9 Posts
then reboot
Where do I find the firmware file? and how to back it up?
Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sorry for late respond.
Last night my USB Modem wont connect to the internet,
here's the link for modem image.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/45hzhj8nmgrlfi6/modem.img

There are 2 Brand for this device, AINOL NUMY AX1/POSEIDON AX1 and FRELANDER PX2
IMO it's completely the same device just different Brand and ROM.

As far as i know. it works great. the best rom ever for both freelander and ainol until now.
no more lost signal and inaccurate touch screen (issue from ainol rom) and no more random reboot (issue from freelander PX2 rom). Yeah, those issues are ROM Related, not hardware.

The only bug i found, you need to turn on the GPS via engineer mode (dial *#*#4636#*#* or download quickshortcutmaker from playstore, install, open, find and select "engineer mode",tap "create" shortcut will appear on your homscreen no need to dial code anymore).
if you turn it on via setting, it does looks like it's on but actually it's not, so the GPS can't lock.

For the fisrt time you need to do these step in Engineer Mode
1.Location Base Service>GPS>GPS(OFF) tap it, GPS (ON).
2.Location Base Service>GPS>AGPS>Check the "enable A-GPS"
3.Location Base Service>GPS>EPO>Check "Enable EPO" Tap "EPO IDLE" it will start downloading EPO, wail till finish).
It's not Lumia device, it will take a while for GPS locking for your position, be patient.
Everytime this device reboot, GPS turn itself off so you need to redo step 1.

This is the backup link from my dropbox just in case the link in the another forum suspended
1.ROM
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9ud24sjmmafwbuj/PX2_PC_24-10-13.ZIP
2.Tools
https://www.dropbox.com/s/evkok9i8tsapdb7/PX2_tool.rar

Follow this step

-Before Flashing with sp flash tools.
(1) Backup your contact and app an IMEI (dial *#06# and you will have your imei, you can write it somewhere and stock it, maybe one day you will need it).
(2) Backup your BBM with titanium backup if you dont want to lose your current PIN.
(3) Turn off tablet, go to recovery mode press power+volume down or up (i forget which one) haha
(4) Wipe cache, wipe data. Reboot, turn the tablet off again.

-Flash the new rom.

1. Download the files from link above, extract.
2. Open folder PX2 Tool, install USB VCOM drivers (install win7 drivers for win8).
3. Open SP Flash Tool Just click the exe file in the folder, click scatter loading button and select the MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc file from folder PX2_PC_24-10-13, then click download button (you will notice that Stop button becomes active).
4. Turn off your tablet and make sure it is not connected to your PC
5. While your tablet is off, connect it to your PC and wait for the magic (if the tab turns on and shows charging icon, something went wrong. retry!)
6. You will see a green circle showing that the process is complete...

Voila! you now have Flash the ROM!!!

credit and thanx to @akn , i just modified his post a little (go to this post if want to install CWM)
http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/88930-any-one-with-ainol-ax1/page__view__findpost__p__1058121

-After flashing
(1) go to recovery mode again
(2) Wipe cache, wipe data. Reboot
(3) This rom not pre-rooted, if you want to root your device, download framaroot from xda for the latest version. or install the APK from the folder PX2 tools, but it's out of date. (open the app, exploit, reboot, if Superuser app appear on your app drawer, you have root your device) you can uninstall the app after you have the root access.

Just PM me if you need more explanation, but i can't give you the screenshots.
I accidentally delete the ROM from my harddrive, and my download speed is too slow to redownload)
My friend, I appreciate your effort, but I get it done by someone else, but I didn't put that ROM, He installed another (numy 3g ax1) but now, I've had two reboots by itself. Whta's your recommendation? To flash it with the freelander rom?

·
Registered
29 Posts
then reboot
So where do I set the permissions? Never had to do that before.

·
Registered
11 Posts
then reboot
Hi, can you please explain what you mean a little better? I am completely new so please be patient if I don't know what everything means. I cannot make phone calls. it doesnt detect sim. I downloaded the modem.img. Do I have to connect the tablet phone to my pc and send the modem.img to a folder in the tablet hdd?

·
Registered
6 Posts
then reboot
I put the files in my google drive folder. ROM, Tools for flashing, and Modem.img
Google Drive Folder
now i'll try to explain how to set permission.
First of all, you have to Root your Device, AINOL ROM pre rooted, you just need to install superSU from playstore for root access management.
But Freelander ROM not, to enable root access, you could download framaroot from this link
Framaroot XDA
Install, exploit, reboot, check if there Superuser in your appdrawer.
Now you have root access.

Step 2
there are a lot file manager with root access capability,and i use ES file Explorer in this screenshot
Download modem.img from my google drive folder, install ES file explorer.

Enable Root Access for ES File Explorer
copy modem.img that you've download before

Tap 1 then 2, it will look like this

browse /system/etc/firmware
you will find modem.img, or you could use search feature, just type modem.img
after you find it, rename it. the paste the modem.img
long press the modem.img file

change the permission
owner rw-
group r--
other r--
the reboot the tablet

·
Registered
11 Posts
ikhsanstan,

Thank you for your help. I followed the instructions down to the last part but when I reboot no sim detection at all. Am I supposed to fash with sp flash tools before placing the modem in folder?
Also, if I didn't see a modem.img file in my phone's sytem/etc/firmware folder and I copy your modem.img, is there anyway to undo this? like a factory reset maybe?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes I have an Ainol AX1 model called Poseidon, it's quadcore and has dual sim running Android 4.2.1. I purchased it from the internet from Aliexpress. As a matter of fact I joined this forum to solicite help on the tablet as there seems to be little or no support for it, or I'm unable to locate it. My problem: Bought the Ainol AX1 Quadcore Dual Sim from Aliexpress. Everything is fine on it except that it reboots every now and then. It usually happens after charging. The reboot that happens is shorter than the normal manual reboot. Anyone who's got a fix for this problem? I'm thinking that an upgrade may help but I do not know where or how to upgrade this device. I have an Huawei G300 Android phone that informs me automatically if an upgrade is available. For this tablet, an upgrade can only be done by downloading an upgrade file and loading it manually? Thanks for the help, anyone.

121 - 140 of 179 Posts