Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone bought this new device from Ainol? Please share your experience with this product. Thanks.

Sent from my ZP950H using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone bought this new device from Ainol? Please share your experience with this product. Thanks.

Hello..

Just bought it today..It runs preety much like venus.. although i have noticed that the display quality is not as good as some other models of ainol like hero 2. I am still playing with.. phone calls and dual simm functions are working fine.. havent been able to get gprs data to work yet.. will update..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello
Almost week using it and i think is good bought
About gps working well after 20 -25 minutes outer place for first time
Using faster gps from Playstore before for region setup because i guess is pre set for chinese satelites
Second time found 9 satelites and locked 6 in a minute
One bad point is the led flash vey low light almost unsusable for night shoots
Resolution is low but atleast can reas ebooks in ladscape mode
Surfing is fine with stock android browser

·
Registered
220 Posts
Thanks for all you. Keep updating. Mine will be reaching in 2 weeks time. Any news about rooting or modded ROM?
What is the link to official website? Thanks again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Update:

All functions working fine now.. only downside i feel is screen resolution.. It is being marketed as Ainol Numi in Pakistan with 2 submodels. AW1 which i have bought has GSM/GPRS capability, but crappy resolution. The other model "AX1" has higher screen resolution, no GSM/GPRS but GPS capable.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update:

All functions working fine now.. only downside i feel is screen resolution.. It is being marketed as Ainol Numi in Pakistan with 2 submodels. AW1 which i have bought has GSM/GPRS capability, but crappy resolution. The other model "AX1" has higher screen resolution, no GSM/GPRS but GPS capable.
The one which I bought from online store is called Ax1 Posiedon. It has two sim card slots. One is 2g and the other 3g. It has a resolution of 1024x600 which is good enough. It has call function as well. It has gps also.
I don't know Ainol is making different sets for Pakistan. Make sure it is original Ainol and not a copy of Ainol ax1.
Thanks for the update.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Had mine for almost a week now. Bought it here in Shenzhen where they are made. List from Ainol is 799 RMB, I paid 765 RMB (about $125 USD)
They call them Numy here in China and Posiedon in other parts-All are AX1 as far as I know, quad core. The screen does suck a bit-I am coming from
an Aurora which has a very nice screen. It's a capacitive 7.0 1024x600. You think they could have charged a bit more for a better screen-who knows what they were thinking.

The tablet is fast and works great right out of the box. Comes with 4.2.1. No problem to install any apps. Comes rooted. Camera sucks a
bit too. The image is clear until you take the picture then it lighten ups-maybe a software thing. 3G and wifi work great.

Now Ainol came out with a capacitive 7.0 1280x800 dual core called the Eos or Dawn right before this one by less than a month I think. Maybe the screen is better
on this one-some even list it as IPS. The box also lists IPS for this model. It runs 4.0.3

The AuTuTu for the quad core is 13,300 and on the dual core I have seen about 8400

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Had mine for almost a week now. Bought it here in Shenzhen where they are made. List from Ainol is 799 RMB, I paid 765 RMB (about $125 USD)
They call them Numy here in China and Posiedon in other parts-All are AX1 as far as I know, quad core. The screen does suck a bit-I am coming from
an Aurora which has a very nice screen. It's a capacitive 7.0 1024x600. You think they could have charged a bit more for a better screen-who knows what they were thinking.

The tablet is fast and works great right out of the box. Comes with 4.2.1. No problem to install any apps. Comes rooted. Camera sucks a
bit too. The image is clear until you take the picture then it lighten ups-maybe a software thing. 3G and wifi work great.

Now Ainol came out with a capacitive 7.0 1280x800 dual core called the Eos or Dawn right before this one by less than a month I think. Maybe the screen is better
on this one-some even list it as IPS. The box also lists IPS for this model. It runs 4.0.3

The AuTuTu for the quad core is 13,300 and on the dual core I have seen about 8400
Thank you very much for the update. Do you think that the screen is too bad? For daily use like surfing Internet, Facebooking or video playback?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have one of these, just got it yesterday. I have never had a tablet before so i can't compare it to anything, but I can't get things to work, like it won't connect to the play store or browse the internet, even though thwe wifi is on. Also calls are ended by the tablet really quickly.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have one of these, just got it yesterday. I have never had a tablet before so i can't compare it to anything, but I can't get things to work, like it won't connect to the play store or browse the internet, even though thwe wifi is on. Also calls are ended by the tablet really quickly.
Make sure that the wifi icon is blue rather than just grey. Blue means that you are connected to Internet. Also should have two small white triangles blinking inside the wifi icon indicating data transfer.
Just restart the device. You can install the restart application from play store.
You can also factory reset if nothing work by going to settings. If nothing work then return your device, it may be faulty.
Show it to anyone of your friends accustomed to tablet.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought it last week from Ainol Store. But unlucky me, i received a defective one.
The three buttons down; return, home and history buttons don't work.
But only on Up Side position, on the other position they're working just fine.
Does anyone knows from this forum what is wrong with my Ainol AX1?
Cause when i asked to the customer service they said taht i have to update the firmware,
seems like they don't want to be blamed on it.
Please help me with this problem.
Thanks a lot...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thank you very much for the update. Do you think that the screen is too bad? For daily use like surfing Internet, Facebooking or video playback?

I think for everyday use the screen is OK. I am just used to the screens on both my Aurora and Asus Transformer Infinity

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I bought it last week from Ainol Store. But unlucky me, i received a defective one.
The three buttons down; return, home and history buttons don't work.
But only on Up Side position, on the other position they're working just fine.
Does anyone knows from this forum what is wrong with my Ainol AX1?
Cause when i asked to the customer service they said taht i have to update the firmware,
seems like they don't want to be blamed on it.
Please help me with this problem.
Thanks a lot...
I didn't receive my device yet. It's on the way. Do you mean the software buttons? Sometimes resetting can cure many problems. Just reset your device in settings.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think for everyday use the screen is OK. I am just used to the screens on both my Aurora and Asus Transformer Infinity
Thanks BoboBob for the reply. I had an aurora which I gave to my son. I don't remember now what was it's resolution. Is it more than AX1?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well i think is not fair compare AX 1 with Transformer series
I have transformer prime myself for serious long time tablet use
AX 1 with 1024x600 is not the art of tablet supremacy thou
Use it for reading sometimes but my eyes are tired after 30-45 mins.Might i am bit old for
But after some test drive by my son he was happily excited with AX 1 about playing capabilities
Specifically was play new Asphalt 8 and beach baggy both demanding lot power and he told me no lag or stacks
Is perfect for general use such as surfing reading news watching videos any multimedia use some reading as phone of course if you don't care have 7"inches on your ear lol
In fact with this price (100 euros) is good value for money
Ps: I would love it with 8" screen!!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Use it for reading sometimes but my eyes are tired after 30-45 mins.Might i am bit old for
But after some test drive by my son he was happily excited with AX 1 about playing capabilities
Specifically was play new Asphalt 8 and beach baggy both demanding lot power and he told me no lag or stacks
Is perfect for general use such as surfing reading news watching videos any multimedia use some reading as phone of course if you don't care have 7"inches on your ear lol
Thanks for your short review.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thanks BoboBob for the reply. I had an aurora which I gave to my son. I don't remember now what was it's resolution. Is it more than AX1?

If I am not mistaken both have the same screen resolution but the Aurora has a different style screen-same as used on the iPad 3 I think
The viewing angle is around 178 degrees if I remember right on the Aurora.

·
Registered
46 Posts
You are right it is not fair to compare the 2. I am really happy with my AX1. They are both close in score on AuTuTu 13,500 for the AX1 and about 14,500 for the Transformer.
I just know from buying an Aurora back in Jan 2012 by the same maker that the Aurora screen is much better. Both same resolution, both 7 in tablets. It just makes me wonder
if Ainol is going with this as their flagship 7 inch tablet why not charge a bit more and give us a top notch screen? If they did they would have had a Nexus 7 killer

·
Registered
182 Posts
yeah, ax1's screen is not that great like other ainol IPS screens. I suspect it could be MVA screen. Because the price is really low for this which have almost everything a buyer would ever want like dualsim, quadcore, GPS, dualcam and so on. Having said that..I still think the screen is okay for the price you are paying for this phablet.

BTW, what android version does your unit have? Mine is 4.2.1.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You are right it is not fair to compare the 2. I am really happy with my AX1. They are both close in score on AuTuTu 13,500 for the AX1 and about 14,500 for the Transformer.
I just know from buying an Aurora back in Jan 2012 by the same maker that the Aurora screen is much better. Both same resolution, both 7 in tablets. It just makes me wonder
if Ainol is going with this as their flagship 7 inch tablet why not charge a bit more and give us a top notch screen? If they did they would have had a Nexus 7 killer
I agree with you that Ainol would have charged a little more to make it as real killer of Nexus.

1 - 20 of 179 Posts