Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I cant say anything about this company personally but alibaba and aliexpress are riddled with fakes and once you have paid with paypal and its delivered you have no return on the item or the cash you paid if it turns out to be fake as that is not paypal's policy. What device were you looking to buy off them and the members may be able to help you locate a real one at a good price

·
Registered
143 Posts
Absolutely agreed with imamophead - unfortunately Paypal's user terms does not protect you against counterfeit/fake products that are shipped from overseas, such as most of the fake tablets floating around Alibaba/AliExpress. I strongly, strongly urge you to purchase your tablets in the USA if at all possible...but if you have to purchase a tablet from overseas make sure it's from a seller that has a good, long list of references and feedback before you throw any money down the drain. For all intent and purposes with Android tablets, no feedback is bad feedback.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for you reply's.I'm looking to buy 3 types of devices and multiple of them.1x 7" device Telechip 8902 ARM 11 (with 3 buttons on the right site)1x 7" device Telechip 8902 ARM 11 (looks like the 10" device below)1x 10" device ZT-180 ARM11All 3 running Android 2.1I have checked with the Hong Kong Chamber of Commerce and the are registered there.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have contacted them also and talked on chat with them.The xls sheet I got was complete and accurate, not like others where it says that it has an Intel CoreDuo and VIA and ZT-180 in one spec-sheet :confused:The sheets are clear with correct images of the devices, they speak correct English, not like many others I've talked to.Every question is answered accurately.They also do not close every mail with "we hope to have a long and trustful relationship" etc.I have asked if my representative in the Shenzhen area could visit their offices and he can, I do not have a representative (yet), I'm talking to them on Monday about this and these models as 2 of them will be in stock this Sunday and by the end of next week.I will try to call them as well.Using Google I did not find anything negative about them.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I ordered a WINCE Zenithink ZT-180 from them & was delivered quickly & as was described, Unfortunately I broke it installing a bad GPS app & went white screen on me.When I talked to Elissa Gu, she prompted me to send it back & even offered to pay for return shipping @ $64.00I have since ordered 2 x Android versions.She has been honest about the release date for Android 2.1 on the ZT-180 & always keeping me informed.Have nothing to say but great customer service from this company.Recommend to anyone.Sent from my aPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
[quote name='wwilde;27125]I ordered a WINCE Zenithink ZT-180 from them & was delivered quickly & as was described' date=' Unfortunately I broke it installing a bad GPS app & went white screen on me.When I talked to Elissa Gu, she prompted me to send it back & even offered to pay for return shipping @ $64.00I have since ordered 2 x Android versions.She has been honest about the release date for Android 2.1 on the ZT-180 & always keeping me informed.Have nothing to say but great customer service from this company.Recommend to anyone.Sent from my aPad using Tapatalk[/QUOTE'] I got decent and good responses from her to, about the release of the devices she has been up-front as well.Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
[quote name='gongz;27716]I tried to search the address with google "Flat/Rm 1101' date=' 11/F, San Toi Building"I found that more than 5 companies registered with this address, how do you think?[/QUOTE']I was told by the Hong Kong Chamber of Commerce that this was common practice when registering there.They also have an address listed in Shenzhen.

·
Registered
146 Posts
from what I can tell (about 2 months of research) alibaba is the ebay of chinaas such you have good sellers and bad sellers and then good sellers selling bad crapunfortunately theentire area was overturned this weekend by the zt-180 fraud, and there is going to be (I think) a HUGE clearing iof the smaller bad scammers.unfortunately the big fakers will always seem to survive.I have read about 1/2 a dozen GOOD reviews about purchaces rom alibaba, this compared to the 3 - 4 DOZEN bad reviews.the one think the good ones have in common is a common seller.the bad reviews were all over the board. if I were going to order from alibaba i would find a seller and do a HUGE search about them and android MIDSas for 5 folks sharing the same address think of it like the UPS store here in the states.I have a friend who does $2k - $3K a WEEK in internet business, bugt his home owners assoc wont let him run a business from his house, so for $20/ month he gets an address from the UPS store.Just my 2 ctsj

·
Registered
5 Posts
I ordered Wholesale-Shenzhen factory android 2.1 +telechip 8902 arm11+4GB + build in camera+external 3G+WIFI 7" MID from Winbest. Elissa was really good about telling me that they will not be ready till 2nd August, then changed it to today 6th Aug and now she's saying that she won't be able to ship it till 8th Aug. I'm not sure if she is legit or not, but she is keeping me informed all the way. I did cancel my order, but she didn't seem like a scammer. But that's my opinion.Update: Money refunded very quickly. I guess I was apprehensive with all the negative feedback on the forum about aliexpress, but Winbest does seem legit

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.