Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
I did a search but didn't find any discussion of androidzoom.com. This site gives you access to apps from the Market either via your PC or via your PDN web browser. Just another way to get apps if you don't want to install Market via GE.UPDATE (corrected)When I posted this I had tested the site but as I have the GE and Market hacks installed I couldn't tell if it would work for those without them. gadgetrants has GE but doesn't have the Market hack and verified that the site will not work without Market. (corrected statement per feedback from gadgetrants below).Sorry for the false hope.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nickel;34694 said:
When you download them..... do they install? Or would you need something like ASTRO Browser to find them?
When I downloaded on the PDN it came up with an installation screen and gave me the option to install. Worked great. However, I also have GE installed so I don't know if it will give you the installation screen if you don't have GE installed. It would be great if someone without GE could give this a shot and let us know.

·
Registered
365 Posts
[quote name='nvrpayretail;34699]When I downloaded on the PDN it came up with an installation screen and gave me the option to install. Worked great. However' date=' I also have GE installed so I don't know if it will give you the installation screen if you don't have GE installed. It would be great if someone without GE could give this a shot and let us know.[/QUOTE']I'm guessing you did a Market hack at some point? I haven't and while the web page works, it seems to redirect to the correct app page in the Market, but then fails to download. :(I also tried from the PC--hoping that I could download the app and then move to the PDN--but instead I got a screen instructing me to download using the Android device. -Matt

·
Registered
425 Posts
[quote name='capellipro;34734]When I tried to download texas holdem from androidzoom.com it says "you do not have permission to open this page"...?[/QUOTE] Don't know which one you tried to download' date=' but the one from SWC Mobile worked fine for me.1. Do you have GE installed? If not, perhaps this is the issue.2. Did you setup your id (instructions in the ugly fix for market post)? Since you're installing from the market you're still going to need that.If you do need GE then unfortunately this isn't the resolution that folks have been looking for. Please let me know if this is the case and I'll update the OP so as not to get folks hopes up.[B']Edit:[/B] Saw gadgetrants update after I posted the above. Guess that confirms that you still need GE for androidzoom to work. Sorry folks.....

·
Registered
365 Posts
nvrpayretail;34678 said:
I did a search but didn't find any discussion of androidzoom.com. This site gives you access to apps from the Market either via your PC or via your PDN web browser. Just another way to get apps if you don't want to install Market via GE.UPDATEWhen I posted this I had tested the site but as I have the GE hack installed I couldn't tell if it would work for those without GE. gadgetrants doesn't have GE and verified that the site will not work.Sorry for the false hope.
Woops, sorry for the misunderstanding. I *do* have Google Experience, but don't have the market hack. I think it's the latter that makes downloading possible!-Matt

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[quote name='gadgetrants;34773]Woops' date=' sorry for the misunderstanding. I *do* have Google Experience, but don't have the market hack. I think it's the latter that makes downloading possible!-Matt[/QUOTE'] Thanks for correcting me. I fixed the OP to reflect the correct info.

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
You need the market hack to get an android id to allow downloads. Otherwise Google experience only has the market icon, and it wouldn't allow you to do anything.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
[quote name='lawman;34804]You need the market hack to get an android id to allow downloads. Otherwise Google experience only has the market icon' date=' and it wouldn't allow you to do anything.[/QUOTE'] And, if I remember correctly, you need the GE in order to get the gls.db to apply the Market hack. Or am I wrong???

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
I know the pdn has no market apk, and I'm not sure what else in it is essential for the market to work. I know gentouch had a market, but I'm not sure which. I never got a chance to try to see if the hack works on a GT w/o installing GE

1 - 12 of 12 Posts