Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think the market and gtalk issues are circling around no android ID. I have tried using sqlite and modifiying the databses in the data/ com.android.providers.settings and com.googleapps.providers.settings and still under android system info I have a blank android ID. We need to figure out how to set this value then I think we might make some headway. I have terminal access anyone know if this can be set via root access?interesting note I can use the free downloads in the slidme.org but when I click on one with a price I get a no device ID found error.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found an article about spoofing the android ID so I used the value he used in the article. I am still not reporting it in system info so not sure if it is taking. Another intersting note I can download and install free apps from slideme.org but when I click on a paid one I get an error saying "device ID not found. Cannot purchase application"

·
Premium Member
2,428 Posts
tyrela;18383 said:
I found an article about spoofing the android ID so I used the value he used in the article. I am still not reporting it in system info so not sure if it is taking. Another intersting note I can download and install free apps from slideme.org but when I click on a paid one I get an error saying "device ID not found. Cannot purchase application"
Slideme needs the android ID for pay apps. They are looking at the issue but did not have a solution last time I asked in late June.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think this is a wider issue that the ID. when I remove the talk, gtalkservice, vending, and setupwizard (Those 4 are listed in the hacking as the 4 you need to get the emulator market working) I get a missing certificate error. So I think we have a cert or two that are not in our bks file

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am trying to find a 2.0 rom that I can possibly leverage some apk and framework /whatever files from

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does any one have root information....I have a black pdn i really like it alot, however iam used to my rooted galaxy s. I have always had rooted androids and I am stuck here. it came with highly restricted cupcake...would love to beast this device

1 - 12 of 12 Posts