Android Tablets Forum banner
941 - 960 of 967 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have been working on this for a few days and come to the conclusion it was a faulty pad. (They did come off a back of a wagon)

I have four of these units, all Tab10, two of each are different batch models and it is physically noticeable as one has a red light and the other is a blue light (giani brand, as posted above).

The blue light no matter what you do, it would not flash. I managed to connect it to the PC via USB which was working, but then both units crashed during the update (although IWU was showing it was still updating) and completely bricked them, and now wont turn on, so are now scrap. One of these was rooted and the other not by mistake.

The red light ones worked perfectly and flashed simply.

I now have one of these in 7" form, this is going to be fun as I cannot find anything that would work it. It is once again a giani mipal ii, specs are iMAPx210 with 256mb ram 4gb, only 1 sd slot. Same specs as flytouch ii. If anyone knows of these let me know!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hello to all! I have finally launched my New Android Web Site! it is Http://www.AndroidRevolutions.com

This thread has officially been moved here:

http://androidrevolutions.com/index.php?/forum/133-mercury-flytouchsuperpad-3-tab-10/

As stated before, this is in no way intended to remove members from SlateDroid but to offer an additional avenue where information can be made more attainable to all of our friends! I welcome you all to my site and will have this same thread created between this evening and Monday. I will also be monitoring that thread daily.

Thank you all.

-Neo

·
Registered
9 Posts
that sounds like my problem, except that im stuck at a different welcome screen.
i'm already trying some roms, it seems the problem is caused by a mistakenly flashed u-boot-nand.bin ...? if i succeed i'll provide you the link

i can't imagin it's a problem of rooting, mine was rooted. i'm using iuw 1.2 and a usb connection.
Hi, I also flashed the u-boot-nand.bin and am stuck in the same position as yourself. Have you had any success in fixing the problem yet ? Appreciate anything you can share...

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #944 ·
Hey I replied to toyr posts on my site. You guys don't happen to have Sawwe tablets do you? (They have a blue light when powered on)

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi: I have 2 clones with board DK1031 and CPU InfoTMIC210.

Model
( Blank)

Android Version

Baseband
Unknown

Kernel version
2.6.35.7-infoTM
[email protected]#126

Build number
GRI40

I Tried to update firmare to Tims 6a with no luck using this 2 different methods
2 files on the root of the 705M SD Card
2 files inside a Folder called android.
(files) firmware2 &firmware-discovery.

A Friend of mine tried on 1 of my tablets a folder called android and 5 files inside. Now
that tablet is always with the green android logo.

I noticed that the one that works has the ubuntu logo on boot.

anyway to fix this?

and anyway to update to a better rom like tims6a.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey I replied to toyr posts on my site. You guys don't happen to have Sawwe tablets do you? (They have a blue light when powered on)

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
Thanks for your reply.. Your new site looks great !!
No, mine is definitely a Mercury.. This was ShowVersions when just I bought it..
Board: unknown
CPU ABI: armeabi
Brand: generic
Device: mercury
Display: FRF85B
Fingerprint: generic/mercury/:2.2/FRF85B/eng.root20111231.160743:user/test-keys
ID: FRF85B
Manufacturer: unknown
Model: mercury
Product: mercury

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have flashed my tablet using the images provided. Wifi stopped working (using any of the images). Any advice on how to fix this?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #948 ·
I have flashed my tablet using the images provided. Wifi stopped working (using any of the images). Any advice on how to fix this?
Unfortunately, the only tried and true solution I have found is by purchasing a $13 EW-7811Un nano usb dongle. The wifi reception is MUCH better even. it's plug and play with no installation required. It's so tiny you barely even notice it is there.

Sorry it took a while to reply! I have been very busy with my new site: Http://AndroidRevolutions.com

I have this thread over there as well and monitor it daily. I can try and answer what I can however and will stop by Slate Droid every now and then.

-Neo

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #949 ·
Hope all is well with everyone here!

·
Registered
6 Posts
i have flashed my Tab with about 5/6 roms now some are exactly the same some are similar with different apps added but there is only 2 i have found where the wireless works.They are two i got from the russian site both android 2.3but they do not have any phone software on them just something called adsl dialer. if you are not bothered about the using the built in simcard then they are ok.by the way they have the rj45 lann software on them my tab does not have this connector on it.i have not been able to find firmware like mine when my tab starts up there is the little green man then a green ring flys around him like a firework.
my tab 10 purchased from chinagrabber
model number:Tab10
android version:v2.2 2011-9-29(411112)
kernel version:2.6.32.9
[email protected] desktop#55

buiild FRF85B

·
Registered
9 Posts
i have flashed my Tab with about 5/6 roms now some are exactly the same some are similar with different apps added but there is only 2 i have found where the wireless works.They are two i got from the russian site both android 2.3but they do not have any phone software on them just something called adsl dialer. if you are not bothered about the using the built in simcard then they are ok.by the way they have the rj45 lann software on them my tab does not have this connector on it.i have not been able to find firmware like mine when my tab starts up there is the little green man then a green ring flys around him like a firework.
my tab 10 purchased from chinagrabber
model number:Tab10
android version:v2.2 2011-9-29(411112)
kernel version:2.6.32.9
[email protected] desktop#55

buiild FRF85B
hi larryb, could you please advise the details/links to those 2 Russian ROMS. That green man & green rings logo is what mine looked like before it died. Do the ROMs include the u-boot-nand.bin file ? Thanks !!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi.I Have a problem with my tablet Android Tab10. WiFi is not working. When I Turn on the Wifi, it's appear to scan for Networks for some seconds and then it says "Unable to scan for networks" and the wifi turn off. what can I do for Fix this?. I have 2 units with the same problem. Please Help me with this.

Some info about the tablets:

Model Number: Android Tab10
Android Version: V2.3 2011-09-19 (001112)
Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9 [email protected] 137
Build Number: FRF85B

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Neo, thanks for posting this page. I had you read from your other post at androidRevolutions , did follow step by step the instructions on rooting, removing unwanted programs, etc and all went well until I decided to mess around with the starting logo file at the system folder. Next time I attempted to start the tablet, the nice yellow-greenish circles around the android little man didn't show, it then took me to the initial screen but I couldn't slide up the on-off virtual button, and that's it. Since then I've been unable to access my tablet, files or anything. Then, after downloading all the firmwares you kindly posted, I tried to flash it using a 2GB microSD, just to always finally get the same message: "extracting data failed, please check your zSYS.img" I can´t move from there. I've also tried with the alternative flashing method using the WinHex, but got stuck in the middle cause I run my desktop on Win7 and don't know how to do it. Can you help me??
My tablet has the following specs: Model Number: Android Tab 10, Android version: V2.3 2011-11-21 (01112, Kernel version: 2.6.32.9, Build number: FRF85B.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone. Does any one know how to make the tablet recognize a USB webcam and what program to use to visualize the images in it? I want to mount the webcam on top of a microscope and be able to see the images on the screen.

·
Registered
25 Posts
hi every one i think i have solved the problem of tab 10 dropping the internet testing in the moment till now is going for 3 days without once dropping the internet and it feels like it got a little pinch of steroids meaning it is faster i will post a video with what i did. i am surprised of how good this tablet can go.with out all the rooting and overclocking. the solution happend to me by accident i didn't want to do what i did but thinking about it now it makes a little sense. will post it soon i hope that i can help a lot of people with this.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Long story short... I bought one of these knockoffs on e... Besides the touchscreen not being as good it handles decent. I ran z4Root and perm rooted the device. After that Market stopped working so I went in and deleted Vending.apk and installed version 3.0.27 and let it update to Play Store. Got fully working Play Store (aka Market) now.

To install apps that do not show up on market I installed them on my phone first, did a Titanium Backup then I restored them on the device

I'm having fun with it.... LOL At first I was very depressed and sad, but now I kinda like the darn thing..!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Neo, thanks for posting this page. I had you read from your other post at androidRevolutions , did follow step by step the instructions on rooting, removing unwanted programs, etc and all went well until I decided to mess around with the starting logo file at the system folder. Next time I attempted to start the tablet, the nice yellow-greenish circles around the android little man didn't show, it then took me to the initial screen but I couldn't slide up the on-off virtual button, and that's it. Since then I've been unable to access my tablet, files or anything. Then, after downloading all the firmwares you kindly posted, I tried to flash it using a 2GB microSD, just to always finally get the same message: "extracting data failed, please check your zSYS.img" I've also tried with the alternative flashing method using the WinHex, but got stuck in the middle cause I run my desktop on Win7 and don't know how to do it. Can you help me??
My tablet has the following specs: Model Number: Android Tab 10, Android version: V2.3 2011-11-21 (01112, Kernel version: 2.6.32.9, Build number: FRF85B.
My tab has the same boot animation and also an initial splash screen that says "Powered by OEM".
I get the same results everytime I try to flash a ROM. I have tried all the roms in the OP and all of them stops at "extracting data failed, please check your zSYS.img".
Thoughts? Help?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ok so I used WinHex to format the card per the instructions to the mark.. I then extracted the contents of the rom you directed me to (kanijo_3G_Firmware), then I created an android folder (all lowercase) even though the folder already existed within the rom zip, then I extracted the contents of that folder and placed them into my new android folder on the fat32 705mb formated microsd card, popped it into my powered off-plugged in, fully charged tablet, then booted up. It bypassed everything and went straight into the rom. So... I then powered off and tried again only this time holding the back+home+power trick and it went into recovery. Began the extraction process from the card and then the screen got pixelated and informed me that it failed to extract the Zsys.img and that I needed to check it? So I re-did the entire process and replaced the image again and tried my flashing trick and got the same error... Not sure why?
Has anyone figured this out yet? Why it happens? How to get around it?
This is where I am stuch at..

·
Registered
3 Posts
My tab has the same boot animation and also an initial splash screen that says "Powered by OEM".
I get the same results everytime I try to flash a ROM. I have tried all the roms in the OP and all of them stops at "extracting data failed, please check your zSYS.img".
Thoughts? Help?
Hi nu2droid2:
I finally ended up succeeding after formatting my microSD card with the program SDformatter. It seemed to be a problem related to how the card was formatted. Try it!!!

941 - 960 of 967 Posts