Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,I just installed an x86 Android port on my Asus Eee PC 4G, which is similar to the 701.Android is installed on a 4GB SDHC card. I needed a few trials to get it installed, as there is frequent timing errors while writing the card. I managed to get it running, eventually.I downloaded this ISO here: http://linux.softpedia.com/progDownload/Android-x86-Download-53904.htmlMy first impressions:1) It does actually work2) It is pretty slow: my hardware is a Celeron running at 900MHz with 2GB RAM - does anyone know how that compares to a ePad with VIA 8505?3) WIFI works and the mousepad as well4) There is a kind of market available, but updating is taking ages... still waiting for it to finish5) Youtube does not work due to lack of flashCheers,vma

·
Registered
46 Posts
I used the same set up to get acclimated to Android. That is much faster than on a VIA 8505 unit, Vias are only 350 and that's overclocked with 128-256 mb ram. Depending on the unit. Rockchips are faster at 600 MHZ and much more responsive in my experience. Spend a little extra and get something a little better.Also, Android is so much better on a touch screen. Running it on an Asus EEE is great for learning the basics of it and getting it going.... will spend a lot less time clicking around and learning what things to do if you can play with it on the EEE.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.