Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Hi, so I did the Market hack and I have a working market. Unfortunately, a lot of stuff seems to be filtered out (like protected apps). I didn't even know there was such filters, so after getting the market to work I thought that was it.I noticed this when trying to install things via AppBrain and then getting the message "The requested item could not be found." Looking around at other threads it seems like the build.props file is the key, but I don't know what a valid 2.1 firmware device is out there, to be used in the build.props file.Any thoughts out there?

· Registered
7 Posts
[quote name='blazingwolf;34862]I have tried the one from my droid when I was running 2.1. Didn't help me on the Novel but maybe it will work for you.ro.build.fingerprint=verizon/voles/sholes/sholes:2.1-update1/ESE81/29593:user/release-keysChange that line to the above and see what happens.[/QUOTE]The line you posted is actually what is set by the Eris Market Fix (at least' date=' this was what my build.prop already contained). After further investigation, this now seems even weirder. I can see copy-protected apps based on the "copy protected app tester" ( [URL=http://www.appbrain.com/app/org.topixoft.market_test.copy_protected']TopMarketTest - Copy Protected - Android app on AppBrain[/URL]) . Just some random apps don't seem to show up in the market place, including ES File Explorer and Quick Settings (Quick Settings - Android app on AppBrain). Any other help.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.