Android Tablets Forum banner
81 - 100 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks on the CPU tuner that made a big difference!

Also anyone know how I can get this to display a PDF propperly? Tried all the free apps and they show lines through horizontally if they open it at all

Adobe propped won't install for some reason I bought this to read and its failing me

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks on the CPU tuner that made a big difference!

Also anyone know how I can get this to display a PDF propperly? Tried all the free apps and they show lines through horizontally if they open it at all

Adobe propped won't install for some reason I bought this to read and its failing me
The one app that I found that really works for opening PDFs is RepliGo reader. Yes it's a paid app (around $4.95) but well worth it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for your post. I am afraid of rooting mine b/c I don't want to brick it. I will keep reading the posts and work on my courage.

531kjm

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for your post. I am afraid of rooting mine b/c I don't want to brick it. I will keep reading the posts and work on my courage.

531kjm
have courage. i got mine yesterday (from woot) and it came pre-bricked lol. so i went through the stickies and un bricked it. now i'm curious how usable it can be (with some work it seems).

good luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I ordered two from woot that both wouldn't boot after unboxing and charging. I hit the reset button up top and they both started right up. Simple fix. Also, 532kjm, there are a few excellent guides for rooting your T301 in order to get more out of it, in the forums. The CruzMarket is pretty disappointing so I'm excited to have android marketplace and some google apps installed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I ordered two from woot that both wouldn't boot after unboxing and charging. I hit the reset button up top and they both started right up. Simple fix. Also, 532kjm, there are a few excellent guides for rooting your T301 in order to get more out of it, in the forums. The CruzMarket is pretty disappointing so I'm excited to have android marketplace and some google apps installed.
I have spent quite a lot of time on mine and have found several awesome apps that work really well. 1Market, Slideme, Amazon, and GetJar have all been great for finding apps, but I thinhk the best method is trial and error. 4shared also has many apk files and I have been looking and using the ones that are a year or older and those work really well.

Keyboard replacer A.I. Type keyboard. It is highly customizable and much better than the stock keyboard.
Freenote I found on 4shared and I loved it on my android phone so I tried it on my t301. It worked!! I can now handwrite notes on my tablet.

I put in my review at Amazon, Walmart and CNET that one of the things I did not miss from Google is the almost forced updates that I have to constantly remove from my android phone that I do not have to worry about with my tablet. On the flip side 1Market and Amazon both keep track of apps that have updates available and when I try the update it does not work. (you would think I would learn after a point...lol).

After trying the suggested WordPlayer and about 15-20 others that either would not work, force closed or were so blocky that usage was almost impossible I found StarBooks. After finding my epubs on my tablet it quickly uploaded them and the quality and page turning is better than my Kindle.

For my home replacer I tried Dxtop but it kept force closing. So far ADW is my new favorite and I keep loving my new tablet. I am a full-time student and am unemployed right now. Money is tight and I used what little I got back from my financial aid disbursement to go towards this tablet. I love it. I use Docs to Go paid version to do class work on and have been able to download my schools program so I can post to class and keep up with important things.

Thanks for the encouragement everyone. I am still debating on the rooting as I would hate to brick it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thank you for your encouragement. I did install the google android apks per the instructions and voila I can now use the Android Market. Almost all of the other apps work as well, however the music file keeps crashing. I don't use it anyway. Overall it does seem to run better and some apps that I previously tried that would not install or run now do such as Jewel. Another app that seems positively affected by this is YouTube. Previously I could not get it to work even though I uninstalled and re-installed a different version. Now it works very well. Thanks again and I am glad I did not have to root it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Worked great for me. I have the t301 and had to manually upgrade to the 2.2. However, I found it easiest to download to my PC then upload to the SD card. Worked like a charm. Thanks for your help

·
Registered
2 Posts
I lost the functon of the Home key at the top of the screen. It glows when touched but doesn't take you back to the home screen. If any one has experianced this

Had the Home key issue too!
Any news of a fix?

·
Registered
308 Posts
I had that issue with a T100 series. I had to reinstall the stock ROM. If you use Titanium Backup and the backup the system with apps and data before flashing the stock then restore after the flash completes you can totally and completely recover your setup. You will need to have your system configure so that the Superuser app can grant applications root permission. Here's a link for that Granting Root Permission I use version 4.0. Here's a link to the free version - Titanium. The current pro version activator on the market works with this version if you need to upgrade.

·
Registered
1 Posts
to much work i just use easyly from my cruz i use 2shared.com , 4shared.com , pandaapp (pandaapp must be installed from a computer) and i use applanet

·
Registered
2 Posts
i just did it on my cruz it work thz a million but i do have one prob when i go online to the market it tells me that all the apps i try to install and not compatible with my device
Did you sign in to gmail first? Go to your PC, sign in Gmail, sign in on your tablet also. Now at your PC, pick something to download from Market-(now Google Play.)It will show you a box with select your device, scroll through it and see if your Android device is there, such as tablet or ? unknown device. Pick one and if it says download to your device will start shortly, look back on your tablet and see if it is downloading the app in your "notifications bar" no need to touch your tablet, just look at the top bar. Pick every unknown device until you see the download start to your tablet. You can also go to your Google account and rename the device "Tablet" once you have isolated it. If you have a problem, restart your tablet, sign in to Gmail and refresh your PC at the Play (Market apps page)until it recognizes your device. Usually if you can get just one app from the Market (Play),onto your tablet, it is going to recognize you every time that device is signed in to Gmail.
Kevin67
Cruz Tablet T301

Great work, I installed with the Astro manager, and I noticed that if some of them wont install from

mnt/sdcard/update.zip/system/app/, but you install all of them that you can (with "Vending" being chosen last),then you can go

to mnt/sdcard/FroYo.apk/system/app and then pickup most of the rest, especially the GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter and the

GoogleContactsSyncAdapter. I remember someone having a problem with that in this forum, so maybe this will help someone. Thanks

Kevin

·
Registered
4 Posts
Okay,
The following list includes the exact google apps package I used, and the order in which the extracted apk's were installed...

google apps package : http://goo-inside.me/gapps/gapps-hdpi-20101114-signed.zip

and with this apps package, I extracted all of the apk's inside, and used "all" of them.

They were installed in the following order :

app 1=genie widget apk
app 2=google backup transport apk
app 3=google contacts sync adapter apk
app 4=google feedback apk
app 5=google partner setup apk
app 6=google services framework apk
app 7=google voice apk
app 8=kickback apk
app 9=market updater apk
app10=media uploader apk
app11=network location apk
app12=setup wizard apk......

note: setup wizard apk is needed for the log in scripts to google market, and google talk respectively..

app13=soundback apk
app14=google talk apk

note: I believe google talk is the engine used for the market portal access....so you must install..

app15=vending apk

note: vending apk is installed last just prior to reboot of the cruz tablet...

this is the exact order of install from the above apps package I used....and I have 2 working cruz tablets with market access, google talk, and gmail.

Note: gmail apk is not included in the above apps package, and is downloaded from the market once it's working.

Note: dont be worried about space for the apk's. After the flash card partitions made in the 2.2 firmware update, you should have nearly 425 megabytes of application space remaining for apps later on. And the total size for the apps package is only 18 meg.

Thats it....g
I tried what is above and determined that setup wizard was causing massive problems. I only wanted gmail to work and was able to do so by installing the following:

feedback
onetimeinitializer
contacts sync
copyright
email policy
backup transport
services framework
htc radio info (this may have come from somewhere else)
kickback
market updater
my uploads
network location

I was then able to get gmail 2.3.5.2 to work. I'm sure that some of the apps that I installed were not needed in order to get gmail working.

81 - 100 of 106 Posts