Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have just purchased a "Eken M003 8? Google Android 1.6 iPed" . [not arrived from ebay seller yet]After reading the forum its clear that the o/s needs to be upgraded.What is the correct upgrade path that i should follow eg: 1.6 to 1.7.4 to Darexius etc?What do you believe that the best o/s is for this model?

·
Premium Member
2,429 Posts
Common confusion. so far all of the M003 stuff is Version 1.6 But the supporting drivers, apps, configurations and so on are part of the Firmwware SDK currently at 1.7.4 or 1.9.0a custom ROM is based on the sdk version so Ecotox is at 1.7.4 but I believe Caffeine is based on 1.9. When you update with a custom rom you are at that sdk version (mainly most of the time unless the dev has mixing and matching...)No problem to try a 1.9 and if you have a problem try a 1.7.4, all the old stuff gets erased before the new one goes on.doing this erases all you installed apps and you must reinstall them after the update is done.The procedure is pretty simple. The custom Rom is archived folder called script full of stuff.Extract the folder copy it to you sdcard and power down then power up with the sdcard installed.the screen will spit out gobility **** about what it is doing eventually it will stop and ask you to remove the sdcard. when you do it will reboot. I normally put the sdcard back in after the reboot and use a file manager to delete the script folder.I like the ecotox 1.3.1 for the M003

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply.You have removed all the confusion for me. I thought i must have had a really outdated o/s. Looking forward to having a play & will try the one you recommended.Thanks again.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Mogrith, can you tell me what improvements there are with the ecotox 1.3.1. I have the M003 also. Everything is working except app market. I just don't want to mess with too much being quite new to all of this, but if the ecotox is worth it I would try.

·
Premium Member
2,429 Posts
[quote name='molly1;40548]Mogrith' date=' can you tell me what improvements there are with the ecotox 1.3.1. I have the M003 also. Everything is working except app market. I just don't want to mess with too much being quite new to all of this, but if the ecotox is worth it I would try.[/QUOTE'] M003_ECOTOX v1.3.1 [Current Stable] changelog 8/5/2010---------------------------------------------------------1.7.2/1.7.4/1.6r2 AOSP basedUpdated most of the framework to AOSP 1.6r2Recompiled A LOT of the android system (what I could)Slight Speed boost (1.39-1.4 mflops average)All the good stuff from 1.7.4 none of the crap (that means market etc. is there and working like in 1.7.4)Removed unneeded/not working apksNew build.prop2.1 desckclockremoved alot of chinese stuffHome++ launcherLow- res youtube (thanks to androidmr2)SlideME 3.44 marketsetupwizardremoved themeframemodified build.propmodified permissionsdocs2goAct1PlayerIReadermodified update.shmodified init.rcAuto rootEs file explorerfixed wifi---------------------------------------------------------make sure after you get fully booted to calibrate the screen and to set you local&region, for some reason if you dont the accelerometer may act weird.See http://www.slatedroid.com/eken-m003...u-waited-now-its-here-updated-8-5-2010-a.html for more info. Normally the first message in a Thread that announces a new rom ahs info on it and is then edited over time to reflect updates and changes made wal will have the most current link to the file.At least this is what I see people doing. It's not a requirement but it makes it easy to find stuff that way and the dev doesn't get bothered as much..Also I try to answer stuff. I'm not a dev but I can find answers to a lot of questions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.