Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried Android Comic Viewer on the iRobot M003. I installed it from market, but the program loads then I use the menu button to select Open then select open then the screen seems to fade and blur then nothing I have to use the home key to get out of it.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I do not even get to the screen where it says to use the MENU key to start. I click on the ACV shortcut, the screen dims and nothing else happens. Only HOME brings me out of this.I bet it has to do with the usual hacked home portrait/landscape mode issue again. On my Hero ACV switches to landscape when it starts. On the Apad it fails to switch into the correct mode and dies.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bummer because Android Comic Viewer is the main reason for getting the iRobot M003, I use the Android Comic Viewer on my G1 but I thought the bigger screen of the iRobot M003 would be great with Android Comic Viewer. I do also have a Eken M001 and Android Comic Viewer work great on that but the less and two hour batter life of it just does not cut it. Any know of a comic viewer that will work on a iRobot M003? jjcomics loads but you can turn the page and Acomic viewer will not instll.

·
Registered
324 Posts
You are confusing the iRobot aPad and the EKEN M003. While both ACV and JJComics will not work very well on the iRobot aPad, Acomic Viewer works quite well. ACV is still king in regards to comic viewing software, but Acomic Viewer works well and the extra screen-estate on the aPad is great for reading comics!I could not find Acomic Viewer on the Market, but a quick Google search got me the .apk file at Softpedia.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've tried Acomic Viewer the the apk I got 34K version would not install gave can't install on this phone. I got the 32K version from Softpedia and it install and loads but is seems Acomic Viewer does not read CBZ files. I also tried Comicroid but the list of the direct to read the CBZ files have dots instead of CBZ names

·
Registered
324 Posts
Most of my comics are already extracted from CBZ files. CBZ files are just zip files which include all of the scanned jpg files. Just use 7zip (or Winrar) to extract the CBZ and then copy the directory to your phone. Won't take more space either since jpg is already compressed.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Nope, I just checked with a CBR file. But on my system (Ubuntu) I just have to right-click the CBR file > Extract here. Then copy the directory to my aPad and there I go.

·
Registered
324 Posts
But does not work on the aPad. Application starts, screen dims, that's it (look at top of thread, already mentioned there).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi! Droid Comic Viewer's developer here. Thank you for your kind words. Droid Comic Viewer is what it is thanks to its great user community.It seems that there's a bug preventing the app to work in iRobot M003. Unfortunately we don't have access to this device, so we can do little without your help. If any of you wants to help us debug the problem and test a pre-release version of the fix, please email us at [email protected].Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I don't have this device yet (bought an eken m001 and am considering one of these too) but I'd just like to thankrobotcomics for staying on top of their game and doing their best to ensure their product is compatible everywhere possible.Nice work!

·
Registered
324 Posts
It's a simple fix for the aPad, but they will most prolly have to make a version just for the aPad. I sent the dev a logcat so that will tell them what is wrong.

·
Registered
53 Posts
FYI, according to this post, ACV runs natively on Rogerbrauns V4.1 custom rom.I do appreciate the effort though, reading comics was the main reason I purchased the apad.

·
Registered
53 Posts
The version you got off Usenet is likely the same version linked by RobotComics above. Check out his link and the version number listed there is basically the same.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts