Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Thank you grindio.

Just a few questions:

1. Has the KitKat-rom same/better/worse performance than the 4.2 roms ?

2. Is it rooted ? If not: How to root it ?

3. Do you feel any bugs ?

4. Does the rom change the partition tables ? => Could you go back (to 4.2) without any issues ?

Thanks for being the pioneer with KitKat on our devices.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have a problem with the drivers. Any help?

I plugged in the tablet on a Windows 8.1 64bit laptop. The square on RKBatch tool turned purple. I clicked on the "switch" button and an autoinstaller started for drivers. Then the RKBatch tool fail to switch.

I tried to unistall the drivers from the tablet, reboot the laptop and manually install the drivers from the folder but it said that it couldn't find any drivers on the folder.

Now the RKBatch tool doesn't turn even in purple.

·
Registered
480 Posts
First (and very short tests):

1. Performance is IMHO nearly 90% of the 4.2 roms

2. The rom is prerooted. You can additionally install superuser if you like.

3. Bugs ? Not tested too much, but I miss widgets !!!!

4. I did not go back to 4.2 yet. But I think it is not a problem because the kernel 3.36 did not change.

5 Did not check battery drain yet.

I will stay with this firmware now and wait for some updates. Hoping to get a full functionally kitkat.

Thanks to grindio.

Please post your issues if there are any.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've been using this rom since last night, and it's running rock solid in my dragontouch. I haven't found any bugs yet, I lowered de dpi to 240 and changed the resolution to 1600 x 1200 to use it in sd mode (I think 2048x1536 is too much for the rk3188). This rom is a huge improvement over android 4.2, I'm only dissapointed with the web browsing, I was expecting more.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hi,
Is this ROM 4GB system partitioned?
Could some post a fully rooted, no bloatwares and 4GB system?

Envoyé de mon GT-I9305 en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi all,

Rom tested and approved.

Now on my XPAD.

Nothing bad to report, everything works well.

Maybe some hungarian (?) applications that could be removed.

That's great, welcome Kitkat !

++

·
Registered
480 Posts
@ grindio

Unfortunately missing widgets with Holo launcher or Nova launcher.

Sent from my Vido N90FHDRK / Visture V97HD JellyBean 20131120 using Tapatalk 4

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've been using this rom since last night, and it's running rock solid in my dragontouch. I haven't found any bugs yet, I lowered de dpi to 240 and changed the resolution to 1600 x 1200 to use it in sd mode (I think 2048x1536 is too much for the rk3188). This rom is a huge improvement over android 4.2, I'm only dissapointed with the web browsing, I was expecting more.
Hello!

How did you change the screen resolution?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hello!

How did you change the screen resolution?
Install rootexplorer and then edit build.prop and change density from 320 to 240, then change the resolution using an app, Or just use a program called resolution changer from playstore.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Why it's better? Did you compare them both?
Both? I have tested more than 2. :D General criteria - ease of installment, lack of bloatware, useful apps pre-installed, benchmark scores, lack of crashes, compatibly with the apps I am using,"feel". Even the same engine in a more useful package = better ROM. Just look at the results of the first 3 Formula 1 GP's and you will see what I mean.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts