Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried flashing it but it fails at 75%
W/ [P2][02:10:35]Transfer Complete! total size is 5627904 Bytes

W/ [P2][02:10:36]Cmd --> (bootm 0x82000000)(0)

E/ [P2][02:11:48]failed because no connected device ,current step is 18

Have you tried it?
Yes I did.

It flashed with no problems the first time I tried.

My first impressions:

- new UI which I don't like - looks like a phone UI - narrow status bar at the top, large buttons at the bottom
- no root

If I don't find a way to root it and change the UI back to Jelly Bean style I will go back to 4.1.1

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was able to flash v1.5.5 back on the tablet. Do you think it I need to update to v2 first then to this one ?
The UI you are talking about is part of 4.2.2
Have you tried ES File explorer root mode ?
I had 4.1.1 before flashing.
Did you follow the instructions - disable the usb power management and so on?

ES File Explorer let me go to the system folders, but I couln'd make any changes in files (tried to edit build.prop). I didn't have much time to play with the tablet. Will try today evening.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The problem is flashing after a v1.x version of the firmware. To upgarde from 1.x to this do the following
1. Upgrade to a v2.x firmware
2. Upgrade to the latest version

I flashed root from recovery and it is partially working as am able to restore with TB
I was trying to flash root but no success. Tried at least 3 root files found on the web for onda tablets that were supposed to install through recovery . It looks like recovery is not installing these files with no warning at all.

As I really dislike the new UI and was unable to restore all my apps and settings I gave up and went back to 4.1.1 which was/is working fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.