Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
I rooted the tablet using a tool found on the chinese ondabbs.cn site. It was a bit tricky but finaly it did the job.

I removed all chinese apps by simply deleting them from the system/app folder.

I restored my apps using GoBackup.

Now this tablet is great - fast and smooth.

To root the tablet you need a formatted tf card. Unpack jb_root_121108.rar and copy both files (root.zip and factory_update_param.aml) to the root directory of the card. Update the tablet as you would with new firmware - turn off, turn on while pressing home button, when white robot appears release power then home, wait for the update to finish.
BUT this will install a chinese only version of SuperSu. So you have to install es file explorer, give him root (tick the RIGHT button on the supersu chinese dialog), remove superuser from system/app, reboot and install a full version of chainfire supersu from google play.

Dislaimer! You are doing this at your own risk! I take no responsibility for any damage etc...

Sorry, I was not allowed to attach the file. The link:

http://www.sendspace.pl/file/d1678a78f3bb879869e075f

·
Registered
4 Posts
I rooted the tablet using a tool found on the chinese ondabbs.cn site. It was a bit tricky but finaly it did the job.

I removed all chinese apps by simply deleting them from the system/app folder.

I restored my apps using GoBackup.

Now this tablet is great - fast and smooth.

To root the tablet you need a formatted tf card. Unpack jb_root_121108.rar and copy both files (root.zip and factory_update_param.aml) to the root directory of the card. Update the tablet as you would with new firmware - turn off, turn on while pressing home button, when white robot appears release power then home, wait for the update to finish.
BUT this will install a chinese only version of SuperSu. So you have to install es file explorer, give him root (tick the RIGHT button on the supersu chinese dialog), remove superuser from system/app, reboot and install a full version of chainfire supersu from google play.

Dislaimer! You are doing this at your own risk! I take no responsibility for any damage etc...

Sorry, I was not allowed to attach the file. The link:

http://www.sendspace.pl/file/d1678a78f3bb879869e075f
Thanks a lot for thr job!!!

I'm going to try it right now!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I repacked firmware

- remove chinese app
- display battery 1%
- Rooted
- change fonts
- deodexed

i felt that it's really good firmware
I'm expected next firmware in many ways
Hello jhyun,

I am French and I live in korea (Seoul)

Can you share your repacked firmware?
I am very interested by the battery percent ^^
I did mine but I have a lot of errors...

Best regards.

·
Registered
224 Posts
yes jhyun any chance of trying your repack?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hello jhyun,

I am French and I live in korea (Seoul)

Can you share your repacked firmware?
I am very interested by the battery percent ^^
I did mine but I have a lot of errors...

Best regards.
Oh really~? nice to meet you^^

anyway, I'm sorry i'm late.

- Download
HERE (each 50 times)
HERE (each 50 times)

- Instructions
1. unzip and put 6 files in external sd card.
2. press home button + power button a few seconds
3. it will upgrade automatically and then reboot.

- features
- rooted
- deodexed
- remove chinese app
- change fonts
- add install guide
- display battery 1%

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hello jhyun thanks for the ROM

just tried it but it does not install.. just boots into recovery with a list of yellow errors

Finding update package..
Opening update package..
Installation aborted!!!
and more...

If you could fix it would be fantastic, this looks like a good step forward for our tablet.. nice rom..

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hello jhyun thanks for the ROM

just tried it but it does not install.. just boots into recovery with a list of yellow errors

Finding update package..
Opening update package..
Installation aborted!!!
and more...

If you could fix it would be fantastic, this looks like a good step forward for our tablet.. nice rom..
i'm sorry

I modified it. try again~ (above link)

·
Registered
8 Posts

- Download
HERE

- Instructions

- features
- rooted
- deodexed
- remove chinese app
- change fonts
- add install guide
- display battery 1%
It's really ㅋㅋㅋ
And me too nice to meet you,here

But the link is dead

Can you reupload this one please ^^

·
Registered
224 Posts
Thanks jhyun working well..

·
Registered
33 Posts
Oh already exceed..

I modified it. try again please~~
Hi there. great job. Thanks for the repack. I've a few questions. The file i've downloaded doesn't contain patch.zip. Do I use the one from the official FW or doesn't need one? Another thing when you refer battery status 1% do you mean that even the tablet being fully charged will always inform 1% battery?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I,m not shaw about the 1% thing...i think he just means it will show a % battery level down in the notification area..i,ve been using it for a couple of days so far and i recon it seems abit smoother..

·
Registered
10 Posts

- Download
HERE (each 50 times)
HERE (each 50 times)

- Instructions

- features
- rooted
- deodexed
- remove chinese app
- change fonts
- add install guide
- display battery 1%
Great.. but are GApps included on repack or we have to install gapps seperatly? Do you have a file with last compilations for Gapps?

thanks a lot...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Great.. but are GApps included on repack or we have to install gapps seperatly? Do you have a file with last compilations for Gapps?

thanks a lot...
When I flashed, the play store was there but limited. I had to add to the systems/etc/permissions folder so that I could see and download apps I wanted but this only seemed to help my online access of the play store. The app is still not showing me everything. I'm OK with that but would like the app to be full as well. Any suggestions?

UPDATE: full market now via app. Restarted tablet a third time after deleting cache and all is good!

·
Registered
10 Posts
When I flashed, the play store was there but limited. I had to add to the systems/etc/permissions folder so that I could see and download apps I wanted but this only seemed to help my online access of the play store. The app is still not showing me everything. I'm OK with that but would like the app to be full as well. Any suggestions?

UPDATE: full market now via app. Restarted tablet a third time after deleting cache and all is good!
What about e-mail apk? The standard from JB would be great... as well as full market and contactos apk... all from beggining... anyone can help.... to repavk with this?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.