Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Zenithink Tablet User / Information Transmitter
6,629 Posts
o, i forget, J0/Jeb gingerbread version maybe after 10.1
I think they will probably release one once a stable version for the C91/C71/E72 comes out.....

The latest gingerbread (1011) has the cyanogen mod, but also a display glitch on the C91's and some google apps FC errors...

·
Registered
615 Posts
later when stable

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, my pad was a F model installed with last version 20110905.
And lucky to find info at this forum. i download th E98_10_In_Android2.3_1020_Go_V2.31.rar.

The process of flashing it to the v2.3 was smooth with one "media" error message.(Sorry, i can not remember the exect message).look like there was some troube with "media" file.
After the reboot, the device have following error.
1)It cannot play youtube HD vedio more then 10 seconds.The screen just stop here with audio continue.
2)Camara show violet and black bar.
3)Changes between pages slower,sometime slow or no reponce to touch.

So I install the 20110905 wihtout using roll back function.
Now the above 1) and 2) problems still exist,
I have also exectract the "media.tar.tz" and data.tar.tz from the "E98_10_In_Android2.3_1020_Go_V2.31.rar" file. and insert to \\zt-update , and redo install process, nothing improve.
I am not sure if the problem was related to "media.tar.tz" file, but i can not find this file it at earlier version (201105xx,201106xx). where else can it be ?
Last, luckyly, althought the device can not play the youthtube HD file, no problem to play downloaded HD vedio.
Any sugesstion?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I updated my firmware, and I have to say. I still can't download angry birds from the market, but otherwise this thing (non f) works great (far better than before). I am quite happy with my purchase NOW. However, I have raised concerns on another thread. The Non F is 800 Mhz and is showing 256ish MB of RAM, something I am NOT happy about.

Also, all the 3d games they show online, they work like crap on here. I really think these engineering sample's were proof of concept devices prior to the real thing. It's almost as if these are the same as the VIA8650 models.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I updated my firmware, and I have to say. I still can't download angry birds from the market, but otherwise this thing (non f) works great (far better than before). I am quite happy with my purchase NOW. However, I have raised concerns on another thread. The Non F is 800 Mhz and is showing 256ish MB of RAM, something I am NOT happy about.

Also, all the 3d games they show online, they work like crap on here. I really think these engineering sample's were proof of concept devices prior to the real thing. It's almost as if these are the same as the VIA8650 models.
For RAM usage, open a Terminal Emulator from your applications. Type free then RETURN Button. This shows the RAM that is installed and being used/free.

Mine shows

Total 389992 used 282216 free 107776

So mine appears to have ~380 MB

As for the Non-F's being 800MHz, all E98's are currently clocked at 800 MHz.

·
Registered
10 Posts
As for the Non-F's being 800MHz, all E98's are currently clocked at 800 MHz.
I have just bought one of these for my 10 year old for Christmas, I have been playing with it for the last couple of days and so far I like it
Why though is the CPU only clocked to 800mhz? I bought it under the premise of it being 1ghz the vendor told me 1ghz and it even says on the box 1 ghz so how is it acceptable to find out later it is not 1ghz??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts