Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
[quote name='cpg716;19122]Can I ask first' date=' how you even got Froyo installed?[/QUOTE'] Not too hard, you just have to replace most of system.I hit the same issue as well, and am still working to see if it can be resolved. volume hack doesn't work unfortunately

·
Registered
96 Posts
That makes me just want to start poking around the files system to see what is associated with the touchscreen. I am hoping it is as simple as finding the "driver" like software within the PDN firmware and leaving that in. Least there is proof that we can put froyo on this thing. That is a definite win.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
tobias;19149 said:
That makes me just want to start poking around the files system to see what is associated with the touchscreen. I am hoping it is as simple as finding the "driver" like software within the PDN firmware and leaving that in. Least there is proof that we can put froyo on this thing. That is a definite win.
Most likely they'll be in lib and probably have related files buried within one of the framework jars

·
Registered
96 Posts
[quote name='clockworx;19152]Which ROM did you use? Also' date=' if you have an OTG cable or whatever, try hooking it up to a USB keyboard and do some key mashing to see if you can unlock the screen [IMG]http://www.slatedroid.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smiley.gif[/IMG][/QUOTE'] That is a great idea. Have to isolate software for touch screen. Please post what you did to get froyo running. My PDN would take a crap if I tried just changing something in the framework.

·
Registered
12 Posts
the changes from 2.1 to 2.2 were vast, JIT, etc. I assume to have severe repercussions if not configured correctly wouldn't they? Perhaps an upgrade to 2.1 would result in less issues but still an increase in speed.

·
Registered
96 Posts
[quote name='nize2beme;19163]the changes from 2.1 to 2.2 were vast' date=' JIT, etc. I assume to have severe repercussions if not configured correctly wouldn't they? Perhaps an upgrade to 2.1 would result in less issues but still an increase in speed.[/QUOTE'] We are tinkering, 2.1 would probably be a more "efficient" choice if possible. I know I am not a good enough programmer to pull that stunt off but perhaps clockworx. I think he has made some advancements. Least whatever he does doesn't get stuck in the endless boot of death.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I'm actually really interested to see if we can get past that 2.2 lockscreen. If we managed to trigger whatever it is to bypass it, I'd be curious which situation we'd be in:1) Best case: It's entirely useable except for needing drivers.2) Worst case: It crashes and falls apart as soon as we get past the lockscreen because something past that step doesn't work.I was mistaken earlier, I got to this point with 2.1. I downloaded 2.2, but don't think I ever got around to trying it. 2.2 is supposed to use a different kernel version which is on a different partition than /system, and PD's recovery tool (from what I've seen) uses some weird commands to do the flashing, so I couldn't get it to take a kernel flash. Maybe whatever froyo ROM he found works with the old kernel.I hope guillemi comes back to tell us what ROM he used

·
Registered
81 Posts
adb and copy your see what files you have in there. you are looking for the .kl files. replace them with this textkey 1 POWER WAKEkey 5 MENUkey 4 BACKkey 61 MENU WAKE_DROPPEDkey 42 CAMERA key 34 BACK WAKE_DROPPEDkey 57 DPAD_LEFT WAKE_DROPPEDkey 49 DPAD_RIGHT WAKE_DROPPEDkey 25 DPAD_UP WAKE_DROPPEDkey 41 DPAD_DOWN WAKE_DROPPEDkey 33 DPAD_CENTER WAKE_DROPPEDkey 249 ENDCALL WAKE_DROPPEDkey 250 FOCUS # Fake Focuskey 26 HOME WAKE_DROPPEDCopy the new files back overRebootProfits

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
tyrela;19583 said:
adb and copy your see what files you have in there. you are looking for the .kl files. replace them with this textkey 1 POWER WAKEkey 5 MENUkey 4 BACKkey 61 MENU WAKE_DROPPEDkey 42 CAMERA key 34 BACK WAKE_DROPPEDkey 57 DPAD_LEFT WAKE_DROPPEDkey 49 DPAD_RIGHT WAKE_DROPPEDkey 25 DPAD_UP WAKE_DROPPEDkey 41 DPAD_DOWN WAKE_DROPPEDkey 33 DPAD_CENTER WAKE_DROPPEDkey 249 ENDCALL WAKE_DROPPEDkey 250 FOCUS # Fake Focuskey 26 HOME WAKE_DROPPEDCopy the new files back overRebootProfits
This was the first thing I tried. No go.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Found this.. maybe helps?Re: How to disable the android auto-lock appYou can try doing this ~Add following code in KeyguardManager keyguardManager = (KeyguardManager)getSystemService(Activity.KEYGUARD_SERVICE);KeyguardLock lock = keyguardManager.newKeyguardLock(KEYGUARD_SERVICE);lock.disableKeyguard();in git://android.git.kernel.org/platform/frameworks/base.git›services›java›com›android›server›DockObserver.java- Akash

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.