Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.With a lot of work i just modded the Android V2 version for Smartq V5 (what a mess they do... :S).Major changes:Rooted (+ Superuser)Market must work (test it... if not i will try to fix it)Boot AnimationWallpaperCleaned (No more chinese apps)Installation:Install like the official V2, change language, etc. but then for tunning you can use:SetCPU SetCPU for Root Users [2.0.3] It's over nine thousand 09/03/2010 - xda-developers with http://augendev.wikispaces.com/file/view/setcpu.txt. Put setcpu.txt in the root of sdcard, instal setcpu, when runs use the last button (file with freqs in sdcard), and wait for asking for root permission. Give it and then change governor to ondemand, and tick set on boot.AMM http://augendev.wikispaces.com/file/view/AMM1_81.rar. Configure it.Try apktor, search it in market or google.In Settings/Applications/Manage Applications, you can delete all the apps that have 0kbLinks:RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting (Only 10 downloads)MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service(unlimited)Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: SmartQV5_AD_21V2_Corvus.zip (thanks Santiago)Corvus.

·
Premium Member
2,596 Posts
downloading now will test this new one as I find the smartq v5 nice but frustrating

·
Premium Member
1,339 Posts
corvusthanks for firmware, have couple of questions and hopefully can get this to work.- loaded firmware onto sd card (after formatting)- installed firmware - showed all usual msg "formatting cache" etc etc, made it to shutdown in 10seconds- After shutdown and restart, choosing "Android", screen goes dark, red light is on and thats all it does.- Waited 10min, no movement, power off- Restart, choose android, goes to load, black screen again, red led on. power off device.Reloaded SmartQV5-Android2.1-preview firmware, flashed and restarted all okay.Can you give any idea what i am doing wrong? would love to give yours a try

·
Premium Member
1,339 Posts
update:did a bit of searching, found the new bootloader (thanks imayoda), flashed it tonight on win7 32bit machine, worked first time. upgraded ubuntu and then just loaded corvus image.WOW talk about adding a new life! love the boot image, the touchscreen feels more responsive all round, apps work great and fast, set up amm (great app) got setcpu working.Corvus - thankyou for the hard work you obviously put into this, it has made this device so much more usuable !

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
UPDATE 9/10Changelog:Change default locale to US/enUpdated appsAdded Youtube HDNot working:Android Market (and will never work without make the change of Android_ID manually)Links:MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service Normal Version. Tested. All working.MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service Version without Phone apps and Market Apps. Not tested. Maybe the battery will perform better.Apps Recomended (search in google or app installer):Apktor (app installer, can be downloaded from web page)SetCPU (link above)AMM (link above)RockPlayer (tested and working, little audio/video desync)Corvus.

·
Premium Member
1,339 Posts
i dont use market, so going to dload and try the version without phone apps and market, will feedback tomorrow after giving it a runcheers corvus

·
Premium Member
1,339 Posts
Corvusgot about 20% better battery life with the no market version, only thing that didnt work was youtube, doesnt matter to me, dont really use it anyhows, so uninstalled it. Works great thanks :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Some users says that if you reinstall the Youtube app it works, maybe the no HD version (by default it's istalled the HD version).Corvus.[quote name='mingnon;58591]Corvusgot about 20% better battery life with the no market version' date=' only thing that didnt work was youtube, doesnt matter to me, dont really use it anyhows, so uninstalled it. Works great thanks :)[/QUOTE']

·
Premium Member
1,339 Posts
not as far as i know, i once (foolishly) tried to flash smartqV7 to SmartqV5 and it didnt end well (lets just say im a lot greyer afterwards) if you have a look here SmartQ V they have a lot of firmware/beta's for smartq devices, its where i grabbed all the tools to upgrade smartqV5 so i could install this firmware

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.