Android Tablets Forum banner
81 - 97 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
[quote name='conorkickass;87204]fkcoder' date=' I suggest forking this thread to an Apad-Froyo specific one.I've tipped AndroidSpin.com about your progress. Maybe someone there will be able to help out.[/QUOTE']okay, thanks.[quote name='ZilverZurfarn;87385]Great work' date=' fkcoder! This is really a milestone for us aPad owners, who had started accepting 1.5 as the one and only version to run on our tablets.How is 2.2 performancewise? Some T-Mo G1 (HTC Dream - similar in performance to aPad) owners are backing off 2.2 to 1.6 because of the toll it takes on the humble hardware.[/QUOTE']Performance leaves much to be desired - only 1.9 MFLOPS

·
Registered
34 Posts
ZilverZurfarn;87425 said:
Perhaps a better idea to try getting CyanogenMod 4.x up and running? Think that was the last 1.6 based CyanogenMod
Quite possibly.However, I think that any Android assembled from sources will run slowly, the speed will depend on the acceleration.For example, CLIQ XT which has a processor slower than Apad (528 mhz) works many times faster than him.--Little news - get working Wi-Fi

·
Registered
56 Posts
[quote name='fkcoder;87428]Quite possibly.However' date=' I think that any Android assembled from sources will run slowly, the speed will depend on the acceleration.For example, CLIQ XT which has a processor slower than Apad (528 mhz) works many times faster than him.--Little news - get working Wi-Fi [IMG]http://www.slatedroid.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smiley.gif[/IMG][/QUOTE']Great work fkcoder! Looking forward to it!~

·
Registered
137 Posts
we landed on mars
nice work fkcoder that is big now all we need to do is to take out all the junk from it to make it work faster getting dsp working will take of a lot of multimedia load from the core processor

·
Registered
16 Posts
ZilverZurfarn;87425 said:
Perhaps a better idea to try getting CyanogenMod 4.x up and running? Think that was the last 1.6 based CyanogenMod
But Cyan 4.x was a non-jit rom, meaning that technically the newer Cyan roms should run quicker than the older ones.

·
Registered
254 Posts
[quote name='conorkickass;88653]But Cyan 4.x was a non-jit rom' date=' meaning that technically the newer Cyan roms should run quicker than the older ones.[/QUOTE']Not technically. Theoretically. Even on HTC Magic /T-Mo G1, turning JIT on actually slows the device down. Hardware simply isn't up to it. Since the aPad hardware performancewise is on the same level as the G1, I'd assume the same principle applies.

·
Registered
34 Posts
At the moment I found out that the video acceleration through the DSP will only work with decoding libraries - libomx_m4vdec_sharedlibrary.so and the like. Ie if we get ROM 2.1 from RK2818 we theoretically be able to run the DSP acceleration.At the expense of rendering speed - for this android 2.x uses libraries egl/libGLES_*.so. Just in theory I can say that and to accelerate the rendering we will if we get the same library of firmware RK2818.At the expense of JIT - at the moment it works in 2.2.1. Current results is 3.5 - 4 MFLOPS.http://www.slatedroid.com/apad-andr...ad-android-upgrade-1-6-2-1-a-2.html#post88259Please note the following message. Kyleli put his 2.1 ROM. At the moment I can not unpack system.img. If anyone could be able to unpack - please send me a private message or directly write here as you did it.

·
Registered
137 Posts
That rom is not for apad its for eken or flytouch as as its using scripts who ever gave you that rom is just trying to fool around with you

·
Registered
137 Posts
seems like fkcoder stopped work or got hijacked like many others who tried to upgrade apad

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
fkcoder;88990 said:
At the moment I can not unpack system.img. If anyone could be able to unpack please send me a private message or directly write here as you did it.
See your MP

·
Registered
10 Posts
Would this ROM work in 9v/red light bootlader 3.20, 806 firmware?I would be happy if it does.

·
Registered
64 Posts
it seems that the new server for slate droid
deleted the thread that lefeudedieu started for the new android 1.6 rom beta.

@ lefeudedieu, could you please repost that thread along with the link for the beta rom?

thank you.

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
81 - 97 of 97 Posts